How do you level Sumia?

#1zergslayer69Posted 2/9/2013 12:30:50 AM
I did a search but everybody is talking about who to marry with Sumia, but I don't see any mention of how to level her early on. She's holy crap weak in the beginning with archers one shotting her so I have to keep her in the back. Pairing up doesn't really help since the leader eats all the exp. I'm farming the lowest level DLC right now, but that's a bit tough. Any suggestions?

And how do you grind in this game aside from DLC missions and going broke over buying Risen items?
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#2jonnovision1Posted 2/9/2013 12:32:05 AM
you can summon an infinite amount of spotpass teams, Florina's is the weakest and pretty easy to grind on for low levels, but still dangerous.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#3Paradox421Posted 2/9/2013 12:33:16 AM
Archers will pretty much always OHKO flying units. You have to take care of them first.

If you pair her up with a stronger unit, like Freddie, she'll gain substantial stat boosts. Use this to your advantage and have her lead, not the stronger guy.
---
"Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?"
"Dude!--" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
#4GnosblaxPosted 2/9/2013 12:35:50 AM
It's easy to grind Sumia on maps with lots of mage units. Added bonus is that those don't seem to have many archers. For story missions as well, just send her after all of the mages on the edges of the map. It took a while, but I was able to level her up to the point where I could promote her to Dark Flier. She's much sturdier now.
#5ZBug_Posted 2/9/2013 12:37:52 AM
Hmm, well my Sumia is pretty strong. She's level 16 after chapter 8 (most other units are about 10-12) but now that I think about, i'm not sure how I did it. I just brought her on pretty much every mission. If she's having trouble killing try forging her a powerful Iron Lance.

I didn't really grind, I fought anything that showed up on the world map but I didn't replay DLC.
I'm actually a little upset that Galeforce (lightningspeed in Japan) was moved to dark flier level 15, because now Sumia can't get it before she marries Chrom :( Unless I do some crazy last minute grinding, which i'm not too fond of cause she'll be way too strong early on........
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#6DarkAres_02Posted 2/9/2013 12:40:26 AM
Personally, have Frederick pair into Sumia for DEF boost, then play the Marth DLC.
---
Waiting for: SMT x Fire Emblem, Pandora's Tower, and The Last of Us
Official Relm Arrowny of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#7MogKnightAzurePosted 2/9/2013 12:54:13 AM
zergslayer69 posted...
I did a search but everybody is talking about who to marry with Sumia, but I don't see any mention of how to level her early on. She's holy crap weak in the beginning with archers one shotting her so I have to keep her in the back. Pairing up doesn't really help since the leader eats all the exp. I'm farming the lowest level DLC right now, but that's a bit tough. Any suggestions?

And how do you grind in this game aside from DLC missions and going broke over buying Risen items?

Sumia actually starts out really strong, considering she's probably the first unit you'll get that can double attack anything due to her speed. Bow weapons have an attack bonus against flying units and are almost a sure death for them, so take out the archers with your ground units, or if possible, send Sumia in safely for the kill on them since they cant attack at melee range. Pegasus Knights also soak up magic damage pretty well, just be careful about wind tomes.

ALWAYS be mindful of the move+attack range of your enemies. Pegasus Knights are usually the cause of players learning to watch enemy ranges constantly. You can press A on individual units to see their range, or press X to view the entire enemy army's attack range.
#8zergslayer69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:03:01 AM
Nice replies so far. Where is this mage map you speak of? Is it a DLC mission?
---
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513
#9jonnovision1Posted 2/9/2013 1:10:17 AM
ZBug_ posted...
Hmm, well my Sumia is pretty strong. She's level 16 after chapter 8 (most other units are about 10-12) but now that I think about, i'm not sure how I did it. I just brought her on pretty much every mission. If she's having trouble killing try forging her a powerful Iron Lance.

I didn't really grind, I fought anything that showed up on the world map but I didn't replay DLC.
I'm actually a little upset that Galeforce (lightningspeed in Japan) was moved to dark flier level 15, because now Sumia can't get it before she marries Chrom :( Unless I do some crazy last minute grinding, which i'm not too fond of cause she'll be way too strong early on........

she doesn't need it before she marries Chrom, she just needs it before chapter 13 (only 2 extra chapters I know but still)
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#10GnosblaxPosted 2/9/2013 1:12:40 AM
zergslayer69 posted...
Nice replies so far. Where is this mage map you speak of? Is it a DLC mission?

I meant the random encounters with a lot of mages. You'll know you've got one if the unit representing the encounter is a mage (the one that's on the world map). Pairing Sumia with a unit that can make her less squishy (like Freddy) also helps, with an added bonus of letting you grind supports while you grind levels.