Getting destroyed... best to switch to easy?

#1ssbmrocksPosted 2/8/2013 11:35:44 PM
This isn't my first FE, but I had to redo chapter 2 several times and I'm struggling to beat 3, and I'm only on hard mode. The enemies just have a lot of HP and do huge damage to my units, it usually takes 3 different units just to take down 1 enemy. Am I just better off restarting on easy mode? I don't plan to go Casual mode. I just don't want to have to restart every single map 3-4 times, it's more frustrating than fun.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#2RezkeshdadeshPosted 2/8/2013 11:46:26 PM
There's no shame in playing normal mode. FE is known for being hard, you can always try hard later after you've gotten more used to it.
---
Guardian of Useless Facts Everywhere.
#3Blow_My_MindPosted 2/8/2013 11:47:36 PM
I'm a long time Fire Emblem player and I agree hard mode is pretty well...hard.
---
Animal Crossing 3DS please.
#4jedinatPosted 2/8/2013 11:49:31 PM(edited)
If you're becoming frustrated it's always better to change difficulties or even cheat--do whatever you need--because you'll likely just stop playing and quit otherwise. It's a game, it's just for fun.
#5duranmanXPosted 2/8/2013 11:49:51 PM
Blow_My_Mind posted...

It's a hard knock life, for us
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#6deadpool_legendPosted 2/8/2013 11:53:21 PM
Blow_My_Mind posted...

I am long time FE player too. And I say, first few chapters on Hard...pretty hard...the rest of the main chapters (there are some hard side missions)? Pretty darn easy. If you're having trouble, either switch to a lower difficulty or just select a few units you like and train them and then just use them throughout the whole game. By the end of the game, I had used my unit so much that I'm pretty sure he was invincible.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#7Zell1226Posted 2/8/2013 11:54:16 PM
I find hard mode to be easy if you use a few specific units, and make them super overpowered.

In this game it's much easier than the rest, because by switching jobs and being able to max out every stat, you can have quite a few OP units. I have about 6 that I use that hardly even get touched, and I'm at the end of the game just about.

Basically, it's easier if you select a few favorites instead of trying to level everyone equally on hard mode. If you want your whole team to be good, expect a lot of grinding or play on normal.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
www.twitch.tv/zelldincht1226 - Live Streams! Almost every day! Please follow!
#8MarthMoopaPosted 2/9/2013 12:14:29 AM

I've probably been playing Fire Emblem longer than you, and the game is only hard during the first few chapters of Lunatic(+), which requires a very specific and lucky setup.
#9Hirokey123Posted 2/9/2013 12:14:46 AM
Are you making use of pair up? I was finding it hard as well but it got easier once I started to use the pair-up function.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#10Blow_My_MindPosted 2/9/2013 12:16:46 AM
MarthMoopa posted...

I've probably been playing Fire Emblem longer than you, and the game is only hard during the first few chapters of Lunatic(+), which requires a very specific and lucky setup.

I've played every Fire Emblem game thats out in North America, and have emulated any games in the series that are available online.

Nice try at the stealthjab insult though.
---
Animal Crossing 3DS please.