There's a lot of pop-culture/anime references in the localization, lol

#1RyoKaibaPosted 2/9/2013 12:24:33 AM
Not that I mind, I find it pretty great, but there's some stuff that a lot of people wouldn't even see coming, like Tharja's quote "You're already dead!", which references a famous line from Fist of the North Star.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#2Dagdamor3725Posted 2/9/2013 12:28:27 AM
RyoKaiba posted...
Not that I mind, I find it pretty great, but there's some stuff that a lot of people wouldn't even see coming, like Tharja's quote "You're already dead!", which references a famous line from Fist of the North Star.

I think the "you're already dead" is just kinda.... generic. Like, heck, I'm pretty sure lots of people in action animes/games/shows say something along those lines.

The reference I loved was the Gaius support where he references Taken.
---
PS3/Vita - Dagdamor3725
3DS - 5241-3238-1742 - Tony
#3fr3t78Posted 2/9/2013 12:29:58 AM
I like the one where Quain takes a jab at Liam Neisons Taken speech. "If it's gold you're looking for I can tell you I don't have any, what I do have is a certain set of skills" wish I could remember the rest.
#4fr3t78Posted 2/9/2013 12:31:58 AM
Don't know why I said Quain lol.. It's late ;) Did we just become best friends!?
#5RyoKaiba(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:46:45 AM
Dagdamor3725 posted...
RyoKaiba posted...

I think the "you're already dead" is just kinda.... generic. Like, heck, I'm pretty sure lots of people in action animes/games/shows say something along those lines.

Fist of the North Star did it first, trust me. The line came from the fact that the protagonist Kenshiro could hit their pressure points which would cause them to burst several seconds later, killing them. When he did that he would let out his trade-mark line "You're already dead" right before they died violently.

The manga is really old, too.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#6Bancario51Posted 2/9/2013 12:47:46 AM
the over 9000 one is really pushing the envelope
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#7LightHawKnightPosted 2/9/2013 12:48:22 AM
Dagdamor3725 posted...
RyoKaiba posted...

No. It is not generic. It belongs to Kenshiro and Kenshiro alone. EVERYONE, and I mean everyone copies it. Cause it is just that awesome.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."