Ok, I will be the one to say it.

#1ZexxCrinePosted 2/9/2013 2:32:19 AM(edited)
CRITICALS ARE BORING IN THIS GAME

They really really are. Not hating on the game at all, it's one of my favorite fire emblems and I am only on chapter 8. All the criticals either have them jump or spin the lance and that's it really. Spells are especially a let down. I know they never really were super over the top but POR took a step down with its animations and this takes it further down.

3D DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT REALISTIC.

Remember when you first picked up a fire emblem game and you saw a crit from a sword master or hero and was like "holy $&@! That was awsome, I must have them equipped with a killing edge at all times"

No? Just me?
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 2/9/2013 2:31:01 AM
It's just you.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3Plasma EXEPosted 2/9/2013 2:35:45 AM(edited)
nah I can agree with this. This might be the only problem I have with this game, but the game is still spectactular as it is trying out new systems of gameplay like the pair-up system and shoving that was in Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn and has me almost sleepless. I do miss the rescue system though, **** those npc's on the paralogues that run towards a mob of promoted units :l.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#4emblemfirePosted 2/9/2013 2:34:23 AM
I was actually just thinking this... they just hell and you see a picture of them, then they do the same normal attack with a slightly louder hit noise... it's really not all that cool...
#5Ruby SapphirePosted 2/9/2013 2:36:06 AM
Physical criticals are fine for me. The magic criticals are lacking however. I miss the Sage critical "orbs" thing or the symbol that appears below the Shaman/Druid.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening
PSN: Espada6
#6LEGOslayerPosted 2/9/2013 2:45:29 AM
I miss archer crits where they spin the arrow in their fingers before notching and firing. That was the bomb.
#7jonnovision1Posted 2/9/2013 2:46:22 AM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
It's just you.

speak for yourself, I agree with TC.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#8Doom-MoosePosted 2/9/2013 2:47:17 AM
Honestly, as was said, with physical criticals, it's still pretty good. The cut-in effect is a really nice edition. The only thing I miss here is the way Generals used to shoot their axes like grappling hooks. Because that's pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. But there's still some cool criticals, my personal favorite being the taguel ability to turn into sonic the hedgehog.
Magic criticals are weird. They do an epic cut-in, and proceed to cast their spell like normal while doing more damage.
#9BTzzPosted 2/9/2013 3:11:47 AM
I'll agree, I think the animations could use a bit of sprucing up.

Not a big deal though.
#10ChaoskerzxPosted 2/9/2013 3:12:03 AM
Have you never seen a mage with astra before? THAT is the new critical.
MU uses Valflame 5x Explosions looks so painful.
---
You translate a doctors words when he prescribed any medicine into:
(Insert number) of Tablets a day to Stay Alive