Ok, I will be the one to say it.

#11SogalePosted 2/9/2013 2:16:43 AM
Tbh, I've been disappointed with the battle animations for a while. I think it's all been downhill after the Sacred Stones.

This feels like a huge step up from the last DS fire emblem which looked like crap.
#12RethalwolfPosted 2/9/2013 2:25:10 AM
I mostly agree. Really bored of the magic ones, and some (especially looking at you, swordmasters, thieves, etc) could use some serious sprucing up.

Besides that, I'm pretty pleased.
Though I really hate archers having arrows appear in their hands. Every other game so far, they pull it out of a quiver, but now they magically appear (at an awkward angle, at that) in the hand? Not cool.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#13MoonLightCloudPosted 2/9/2013 2:28:44 AM
The criticals are fine; I think the character quotes make up for them being less flashy. However, I do have an issue with Aether, it's still cool to see it activate, but I wish it had a unique animation (for Chrom at least, I know it can be passed around to tons of kids, but the main Lord should at least do something special).

But yea, either way, the animations are a million times better than PoR/RD.
#14Kurama2Posted 2/9/2013 2:43:25 AM
I wish they would go back to 2D. GBA FE had amazing animations.
---
Leaf
#15Huff n puff 20Posted 2/9/2013 3:45:38 AM
I wish they had RD's type animations. Really flashy Crits/Skills/High End Spell animations (Maybe then they Holy Spells wouldn't suck). And I'd love to have Astra procs with that.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#16Julian_FPosted 2/9/2013 3:54:45 AM
Sogale posted...
Tbh, I've been disappointed with the battle animations for a while. I think it's all been downhill after the Sacred Stones.

This feels like a huge step up from the last DS fire emblem which looked like crap.

Agree with this. Animations are still a disappointment, but a huge step forward from the DS entries. (Which were like, bottom line terrible compared to GBA)

Doesn't ruin the game experience, but it would have been a really nice touch to make the game even more memorable.
#17TheMasterTurtlePosted 2/9/2013 5:27:02 AM
In my opinion FE 5 had the best animations and this is second. I just prefer the simpler ones is all. The GBA games do look fantastic.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#18BedsheetGhostPosted 2/9/2013 5:34:23 AM
I see what you mean, TC. I miss the over-the top critical animations from the GBA games, the Warrior crit being one of my faves.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#19Excalibur318Posted 2/9/2013 5:36:41 AM
I'll admit when in games like sacred stones they had those awesome critical animations it was really cool. I miss them now but I can get used to it.
#20KajiKingStarzkyPosted 2/9/2013 5:39:39 AM
LEGOslayer posted...
I miss archer crits where they spin the arrow in their fingers before notching and firing. That was the bomb.

Archers, Snipers, and Bow Knights still use that spinning animation but its just for normal attacks