What do you think should be the Canon Marriage Setup

#31Strong_Bad2985Posted 2/9/2013 4:54:28 PM
Ricken x Miriel because their English VAs are married in real life.
#32SahleosPosted 2/9/2013 5:02:17 PM
Like some others said, the only real "canon" pairing is really Chrom and Sumia, since they're shown together in the opening animation. It's all just up to peoples' own opinions for the rest. Personally, I did:

Chrom/Sumia
Vaike/Maribelle
Gregor/Miriel
Frederick/Sully
Donnel/Nowi
MU/Cherche
Virion/Tharja
Lon'qu/Olivia
Gaius/Lissa
Stahl/Panne
Libra/Cordelia

I regret pairing Lon'qu/Olivia and Stahl/Panne though, because their supports felt very bland. Oh well...
#33GnosblaxPosted 2/9/2013 5:03:17 PM
XRizeleaX posted...
I really,really,REALLY doubt that ChromxSumia is canon.I saw absolutely no hints of romance(And I'm pretty sure I never skipped any cutscenes)

ChromxFeMU seems the most logical in my opinion.

Agreed. ChromxFeMU has a lot going for it, not least the fact that it gets you extra dialogue. Plus, the most of the dramatic moments happen with either Chrom and MU or Lucina and MU (who you're also connected to if you marry Chrom). Sumia and all of the rest of Chrom's potential wives sort of drop out of the story, whereas MU is with Chrom in every single cutscene.
#34JGPJR79Posted 2/9/2013 5:05:19 PM
I just got to A with Frederick and Panne and I`m so going S with those two.lol
---
Pokemon F.C. : 1721 2592 2497.
#35LookAnglePosted 2/9/2013 5:23:18 PM
XRizeleaX posted...
I really,really,REALLY doubt that ChromxSumia is canon.I saw absolutely no hints of romance(And I'm pretty sure I never skipped any cutscenes)

Then you had your head shoved up your backside.

Disregarding the opening cutscene and the fact that Sumia has the highest auto-marriage priority with Chrom, Sumia still get's more scenes with Chrom than any other girl. She's actually one of only five playable characters to show up in a cutscene (the one where she rescues Chrom) and the only one who is definitely female and has no blood relation to Chrom.

On a mostly unrelated note, I'm going to have to say Lucina and the Avatar seem to make a pretty good pairing. They get a nice number of bonus scenes, and unlike Chrom, Lucina has no-one who the plot ships her with.

I don't think any pairing is definitive canon though.
#36GnosblaxPosted 2/9/2013 5:36:42 PM
LookAngle posted...
Disregarding the opening cutscene and the fact that Sumia has the highest auto-marriage priority with Chrom, Sumia still get's more scenes with Chrom than any other girl. She's actually one of only five playable characters to show up in a cutscene (the one where she rescues Chrom) and the only one who is definitely female and has no blood relation to Chrom.

Except the female avatar, who gets more cutscenes with Chrom than he does with anyone else (possibly even Lucina). Hell, the game is bookended by cutscenes where you're first person staring at Chrom's smiling face.

Sumia's definitely more plot-centric than any of the other (non-MU) candidates, but that just makes her the default, not canon.

Also, the marriage hierarchy is just there so that your Avatar doesn't get unexpectedly ninjamanced by Chrom, which could understandably piss some people off.

LookAngle posted...
On a mostly unrelated note, I'm going to have to say Lucina and the Avatar seem to make a pretty good pairing. They get a nice number of bonus scenes, and unlike Chrom, Lucina has no-one who the plot ships her with.

Because Chrom has to get married for plot-related reasons. Lucina, on the other hand, does not.
#37LookAnglePosted 2/9/2013 5:52:06 PM
Gnosblax posted...
Except the female avatar, who gets more cutscenes with Chrom than he does with anyone else (possibly even Lucina). Hell, the game is bookended by cutscenes where you're first person staring at Chrom's smiling face.

Sumia's definitely more plot-centric than any of the other (non-MU) candidates, but that just makes her the default, not canon.

Also, the marriage hierarchy is just there so that your Avatar doesn't get unexpectedly ninjamanced by Chrom, which could understandably piss some people off.

Except that the bookend happens for a male avatar too. Trying to factor the Avatar into canon pairings is a nightmare due to the whole 'Avatar can be anything' thing.

And a female Avatar can still get ninjamanced. It's just harder for it to happen.

At any rate, my point was towards the 'not seeing any romance' thing. The game was quite obviously setting the the ChromxSumia pairing up.

Because Chrom has to get married for plot-related reasons. Lucina, on the other hand, does not.

That doesn't change the fact that the male Avatar and Lucina still get those scenes, and that Chrom does get ship tease with Sumia.

Look, I used the term 'good pairing' instead of canon because I don't think there is any canon, especially where the Avatar is involved.
#38HeroZPosted 2/9/2013 5:59:04 PM
Strong_Bad2985 posted...
Ricken x Miriel because their English VAs are married in real life.

Wha? Really? Well now I know who I'm making Ricken marry.
---
Xbox GT and Steam ID: BlazeHero
#39Jaghave(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:02:34 PM
Sully & Kellam = Kjelle

no question what so ever heck Kjelle is wearing Kellam armor and her's name is both combine
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1929079292.png
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jaghave
#40Twenty0nePosted 2/9/2013 6:58:39 PM(edited)
my MU's name is actually KJ so I was confused when I saw she named her kid after me. She was married to Chrom so I just figured they did it in my honor or something >_>
---
M's 2014
http://i.imgur.com/9WbAL.gif