What is "Extra Data"?

#1Valorous_RolandPosted 2/9/2013 9:12:42 AM
Every time I start up the game or soft reset, it tells me:
"Extra data not found. You will not be able to use Spotpass. Would you like to deactivate it?"
This is on a physical copy.

I just transferred all my data from a regular 3DS to the Awakening one. I never saw this on my other 3DS.

What does this mean? I still have Pr. Marth, so I'm not sure if it's an SD card thing...
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#2marioparty17Posted 2/9/2013 9:15:19 AM
Because u are playing the DL version of FE:A on the 3ds u have less data now, remember.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#3Robot_Taekwon_VPosted 2/9/2013 9:22:09 AM
Valorous_Roland posted...
Every time I start up the game or soft reset, it tells me:
"Extra data not found. You will not be able to use Spotpass. Would you like to deactivate it?"
This is on a physical copy.

I just transferred all my data from a regular 3DS to the Awakening one. I never saw this on my other 3DS.

What does this mean? I still have Pr. Marth, so I'm not sure if it's an SD card thing...

That's what you think you transferred all your data but not really you didn't... It seems like you only transferred the main data but not the extra contents. Why don't you just deactivate Spotpass and simply activate it again?
#4Valorous_Roland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:35:39 AM
Ahh! I did that and now I don't have the notification, but Prince Marth has lost his face!

Ergh it's so creepy!
Maybe it'll come back if I beat his mission again? I'll try that.
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#5StreetPasWantrPosted 2/9/2013 9:54:30 AM
Valorous_Roland posted...
Ahh! I did that and now I don't have the notification, but Prince Marth has lost his face!

Ergh it's so creepy!
Maybe it'll come back if I beat his mission again? I'll try that.

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds funny lol.
---
I hate my name. Pretend it's something really cool until 2023. Hopefully, I'll have a "compelling" reason by then.
#6Valorous_Roland(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:57:34 AM
Okay, he got his face back. I just had to replay the mission.

It probably had to do with that "My Unit Compendium" thing they talk about when they ask if you want to recruit a DLC character.

But still...
---