How would you list the NA FE games, from best to worst?

#41Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/9/2013 2:29:34 PM
Of those I've played (only handhelds):

1) Awakening
2) Fire Emblem
3) Sealed Sword
4) Heroes of Light and Shadow
5) Sacred Stones
6) Shadow Dragon
#42SkaldskaparmalPosted 2/9/2013 2:35:50 PM
StarWarsguy1 posted...
Still doesn't make sense. He takes about all the "game-breaking bull****" and "fake difficulty" that all the "fake fire emblems" have, when the exact same stuff exists in SD. He even acknowledges this himself whenever he goes off about how he thinks people criticize SD for all the wrong reasons.

What I want to know is why you're even taking it seriously at this point. After a year of him going on with this stuff, you'd think people would just move on at some point.
#43MajinKogahazanPosted 2/9/2013 2:53:34 PM
Awakening>Blazing Sword>Sacred Stones>Path of Radience>Radiant Dawn>Shadow Dragon

As a whole I'd probably put it as:

Awakening>GBA>SNES>Tellius>Originals/Remakes
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#44kukingina2Posted 2/9/2013 2:59:07 PM(edited)
Awakening > Radiant Dawn > Blazing sword > Sacred stones > path of radiance > shadow what's his face

I don't get the love for path of radiance... it was too damn easy even on hard
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#45AsobiSeksuPosted 2/9/2013 3:04:39 PM(edited)
I have played and beat all the NA FE games. I've also beaten FE6. I would rank them as follows:

Awakening
Blazing Sword
Sword of Seals (FE6)
Sacred Stones (FE8)

Then the others I felt were not as fun as the others:

Shadow Dragon
Path of Radiance
Radiant Dawn

I'm only on Chapter 5 Lunatic Classic of Awakening and I can already say I will enjoy it more than Blazing Sword. FE7 was a lot of fun, enjoyed the story, and felt more connected to the characters' personalities. IS made a quality game, upped the production values, and included a lot of great bonus features in Awakening. The replay value on this game will be even better than FE7, so I'll give it the best ranking.

FE8 is fun, interesting promotion choices, but too easy.

As for the others, Shadow Dragon lacks supports, a story, character development, and difficulty in the later chapters (early chapters were fun though). Understandable since it's just a remake, and it did introduce class changes which was a nice addition.

The Tellius series I felt were the weakest of the bunch. Bonus experience was handy to max character stats, but I expected better for the production values. I enjoyed them overall though.

Radiant Dawn Hard mode was simply more annoying if anything since you couldn't see enemy movement. This resulted in wasted time, not added difficulty. It also should have been an option from the get-go, not an unlockable from beating Normal. Removing the weapon triangle actually made the game easier than if it were there, so I didn't understand why. There were too many overpowered characters (Greil's Mercenaries especially) that overshadowed the effort you put into characters that could grow to be excellent. Thus, I felt you used a lot of characters, but it was a waste since it would only be for a certain number of chapters. A lot of chapters were too large and simply tested my patience as they would take 2+ hours to complete. The Final chapter series was a huge time sink just to see the ending. Instead of making a longer game, IS could have made a shorter, higher quality console game.
---
I train like a spartan.
#46monsterlord-18Posted 2/9/2013 3:26:38 PM
1.) Path of Radiance
2.) Blazing Sword
3.) Awakening
4.) Sacred Stones
5.) Radiant Dawn
6.) Shadow Dragon
#47StarWarsguy1Posted 2/9/2013 3:33:48 PM
Skaldskaparmal posted...
StarWarsguy1 posted...
Still doesn't make sense. He takes about all the "game-breaking bull****" and "fake difficulty" that all the "fake fire emblems" have, when the exact same stuff exists in SD. He even acknowledges this himself whenever he goes off about how he thinks people criticize SD for all the wrong reasons.

What I want to know is why you're even taking it seriously at this point. After a year of him going on with this stuff, you'd think people would just move on at some point.

Don't get me wrong, I stopped taking Endgame seriously some time ago. I just wanted to point out that his argument didn't make sense because Westbrick was saying that it did.
#48GBeaudoinPosted 2/9/2013 3:38:37 PM
1. Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn
2. Fire Emblem
3. Awakening
4. Sacred Stones
5. Shadow Dragon
---
NHL13
#49FullmetalChildPosted 2/9/2013 3:47:23 PM
Awakening > Blazing Sword > Path of Radiance > Sacred Stones > Radiant Dawn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shadow Dragon.

I really didn't like Shadow Dragon.
---
Never pet a Castform on a summer day.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story
#50Holsety99Posted 2/9/2013 4:15:47 PM
sword of seals, blazing sword, awakening, path of radiance, sacred stones, radiant dawn, shadow dragon