Olivia, Queen of Lunatic

#1HuntertownPosted 2/9/2013 5:36:49 PM
So I bought the game about two days ago and jumped straight into Lunatic because that's how I roll. After my fifth Chapter 2 reset, I began to regret this, but persevered onwards.

Anyway, I didn't have access to the Internet for those two days, so I couldn't get the DLC. This made Lunatic hard as crap, because I couldn't grind at all. Risen skirmishes are insane, to the point of being impossible. I pretty much kept the Avatar and Chrom paired together at all times and everybody else was starting to fall behind by a mile. Especially any of Chrom's actual brides.

And that's when she appeared. With her beautfiul, beautiful ability to gain XP infinitely on a single map.

Suffice it to say, I had her dance for two hundred turns (took about twenty minutes with the animations turned off) and use up both of my second seals resetting her class and then reclassing.

Olivia the Assassin then proceeded to create an equally ludicrous Lucina due to her stats, and the two of them became my main powerhouses.

So the moral of the story is, don't **** with a dancer. Unless you're Chrom. Then you **** with a dancer all night long, so I get a Lucina capable of soloing the next two chapters.
#2HejiruPosted 2/9/2013 5:42:50 PM
Dancers can use swords in this game, right? Might not even need to reclass her.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#3TwilightWolf000Posted 2/9/2013 5:44:48 PM
lol. I'll need to remember this when (if) I do a lunatic run
---
GT: TwilightWolf000 PSN: SquireRamza
Black 2 FC: 1206 7052 5893
#4Invader_SpoochPosted 2/9/2013 5:48:14 PM
Huntertown posted...
So I bought the game about two days ago and jumped straight into Lunatic because that's how I roll. After my fifth Chapter 2 reset, I began to regret this, but persevered onwards.

Anyway, I didn't have access to the Internet for those two days, so I couldn't get the DLC. This made Lunatic hard as crap, because I couldn't grind at all. Risen skirmishes are insane, to the point of being impossible. I pretty much kept the Avatar and Chrom paired together at all times and everybody else was starting to fall behind by a mile. Especially any of Chrom's actual brides.

And that's when she appeared. With her beautfiul, beautiful ability to gain XP infinitely on a single map.

Suffice it to say, I had her dance for two hundred turns (took about twenty minutes with the animations turned off) and use up both of my second seals resetting her class and then reclassing.

Olivia the Assassin then proceeded to create an equally ludicrous Lucina due to her stats, and the two of them became my main powerhouses.

So the moral of the story is, don't **** with a dancer. Unless you're Chrom. Then you **** with a dancer all night long, so I get a Lucina capable of soloing the next two chapters.

can she still dance after you reclass her? or can she become an Assassin straight from Dancer?

i just finished ch11 in my Lunatic run. Chrom already married MU (by my intention) but this ability to cheese with Olivia intrigues me.
#5LookAnglePosted 2/9/2013 5:54:17 PM
Huntertown posted...

Welp, this sounds like it has potential.
#6Huntertown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:55:37 PM
Invader_Spooch posted...
Huntertown posted...

can she still dance after you reclass her? or can she become an Assassin straight from Dancer?

i just finished ch11 in my Lunatic run. Chrom already married MU (by my intention) but this ability to cheese with Olivia intrigues me.

No, but you can reset her level with Second Seals once she hits thirty. She had about forty five levels as a Dancer when I reclassed her to Assassin, at which point she needed nothing else.
#7BhelliumPosted 2/9/2013 5:56:29 PM
Wait

so you just reset Dancer to level 1... then grinded her up again
and again

Genius or insane, props either way
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#8MogKnightAzurePosted 2/9/2013 6:01:25 PM
Nobody else thought of this? Olivia also has the added benefit of having excellent stat caps to pass on to Lucina. Maximize your potential by having her dance between 4 units she can support with as well. Take it a step further and bring a healer to get some exp in from healing her 1 hp level gains.
#9Invader_SpoochPosted 2/9/2013 6:02:31 PM
Huntertown posted...
Invader_Spooch posted...
Huntertown posted...

No, but you can reset her level with Second Seals once she hits thirty. She had about forty five levels as a Dancer when I reclassed her to Assassin, at which point she needed nothing else.

so you can use the Second Seal to reset her from Dancer...to Dancer?
#10AzN_KiRbY890Posted 2/9/2013 6:02:39 PM
You're my hero
---
Fire Emblem + Little Busters = :)