Olivia, Queen of Lunatic

#71MoloMowChowPosted 2/10/2013 12:48:34 AM
Why's he posting, Dad?

Because we have to reply to him.

He's not having fun.

MarthMoopa is the poster GameFAQs deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll reply to him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful poster. A disappointed gamer.
---
PSN: Dysprosium123
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Warrior
#72MarthMoopaPosted 2/10/2013 12:54:34 AM
Of course, you could always just play through a challenge run, but Marth seems opposed to this for some reason.

The level design isn't interesting enough to make LTCs enjoyable.
#73WestbrickIIIPosted 2/10/2013 1:01:24 AM
MarthMoopa posted...
Of course, you could always just play through a challenge run, but Marth seems opposed to this for some reason.

The level design isn't interesting enough to make LTCs enjoyable.

Surely you'll agree that this is a matter of preference, right? Either way, there's a difference between saying

1. Awakening is improved with challenge runs.
2. Awakening is inferior to other games when it comes to challenge runs.

You're arguing the latter, I'm arguing the former. So tell me: if the game benefits from challenge runs, why not do them?
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#74duranmanXPosted 2/10/2013 1:56:40 AM(edited)
MarthMoopa posted...
Marth I think the bigger question is still why do you care so much how someone uses a product they spent their own money on.

It is simply my duty to defend logic, something that is severely lacking in today's society.

Clearly your posts prove there is some logic lacking in today's society, assuming you're a part it, seeing as all it requires is for one to be living by at least 13 february, 2013

Want to know what else is contradictory, criticizing other people's style of gaming (who are clearly not listening to you) and still you keep on posting

I don't see how anyone can derive any sort of desire to do that, but here you are posting many of the comments, then again, it is all subjective
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#75SalsaSavantPosted 2/10/2013 1:26:39 AM
MarthMoopa posted...
Oh, you're so right. Obviously, all the fun I've been having thus far is fake. Thank you for making that clear. You heard it here first, folks. Fun things are not, in fact, fun.

Illogical things are not fun. You would have to have serious mental problems to think otherwise.

Shut your Vulcan mouth.
He enjoys breaking the game.
If you can't accept and understand that, you're the one with empathy issues.
Or a troll.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#76MarthMoopaPosted 2/10/2013 1:38:38 AM
Shut your Vulcan mouth.

No

Clearly your posts prove their is some logic lacking in today's society, assuming your a part it

You got 1 out of 3 correct.... good effort
#77chaoshadouPosted 2/10/2013 1:49:28 AM
There's a difference between something being trivialized and handed to you on a silver platter, and someone trivializing what was supposed to be difficult on their own accord, a difference Marth is incapable of understanding with his supposed logic.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#78duranmanXPosted 2/10/2013 1:54:47 AM
I think people need to realize that in a game with a clear set of rules, if you don't break those rules, you are not cheating/breaking anything

If I can somehow play Poker in such way where I always win, following the basic rules to a T, then it is not my fault I found a way to succeed, and the creators of the game need to make new rules

In video gaming, since the only real rules is not to use Action Replay or anything like that, anything goes. You could say FE Awakening is easy, but you can't identify it as cheating since it is technically fair game.

Laconic version; breaking might be wrong, but it is not cheating

PS Even if one where to break Lunatic, it's still a world of difference from Normal
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#79WestbrickIIIPosted 2/10/2013 1:57:32 AM
No one is saying dance abuse is cheating; they're saying it's a tedious exploit that goes against the entire point of Lunatic.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#80MoonLightCloudPosted 2/10/2013 3:29:15 AM
So what? People can do whatever they want, if you don't like it TOO BAD. People don't have to play by your rules... If you want to make the game as hard as possible and put every handicap on you, go ahead nobody is stopping you.

He just seemed to be asking why pick a hard difficulty if you're just going to turn it into easy mode?

This game is still an RPG. RPGs are for leveling up. If you wanted something difficult go play something that doesn't let you level up or power up. Otherwise, YOU are the one that is playing this game wrong.

RPGs are for lots of reasons, but I've never seen someone play one and say: "I can't wait till I reach level 100 and all the enemies die in one hit!"
Lots of games allow you to hit max stats and still remain difficult (usually with extra bosses).

Anyway, your last statement is the worst one and you make yourself look like a fool.

I'd hardly say immediately. I still had to get to Chapter 12 before this was viable.

Chapter 12 is definitely not far. It's mid game not counting Paralogues, and with Paralogues, it's far from the end.

At any rate to answer yor question. What I find fun is taking the hardest difficulty mode a game has, and breaking it. Using all the overpowered items, as many overpowered skills as I can cram onto a character, playing with calculators to work out eugenics and so on so forth.

But it doesn't look like you did any of that. You just danced to max stats. No calculations, no overpowered items, no cramming skills. Just dance.

The reason I choose the hardest difficulty mode is because it's more satisfying to make someone trivially easy by your own effort then it is for the game to be trivially easy to start with. The game has said: 'This is the hardest I have to offer.' and I have said 'Doesn't matter. I'm still going to abuse a mechanic you didn't plan for and break you.'

It's not the hardest, there's Lunatic+, go beat that then you can make this statement.

The Marth guy is an obvious troll or is just trying to anger people. I've put him on ignore a few posts back already, so he got what he wanted.

He's a troll because he's promoting discussion and asking a legitimate question?

Also, pretty cool discovery by the topic creator. Finding game breaking / cheesing strategies like this is fun, even for those of us who my not actually end up doing this its cool to see.

I wouldn't really call it a discovery. You could always dance dancers to max level as long as you're willing to take a 100+ turn count. The thing is, dancers weren't combat units and the difference here is being able to class change. Anyone can realize this, but as said, most people don't play Lunatic to waste 200+ turns dancing.

Marth brings up a very valid point, actually.

Do you play the game to totally overpower everything? Cause you could do that on Normal no problem. Or do you play it on Lunatic because you have something to prove? I have no doubt that this board will be flooded with people pumping their chests about beating Lunatic Plus with strategies like this 'infinite dance' crap.

What, really, have you accomplished then? If you want to trivialize the game, that is your right.

But we all know the same people who trivialize the game through farming and super capping are going to be the ones gloating about how their 'Amazing Strategies' make them so good at the game.

I want to see a no farm run of the game. Story and Paralagoue quests only, no Risen or DLC stuff.

And all of a sudden, all of these bad ass Lunatic players will dry up.

I love this guy and completely agree (had to cut his quote short to fit the character limit).