Anyone try the Adhoc Co-op?

#1blueninja4444Posted 2/9/2013 6:58:24 PM
I saw it advertised on the back of the case.
From what I understand its a bit like Modern Warfare 2 and 3 in a the sense that its not a true co-op campaign, but rather special co-op side missions.
Can both players use their created main guy?
---
PWB's 24/7 Hardcore Champion!
#2RedMageKirbyPosted 2/9/2013 7:02:46 PM
blueninja4444 posted...
I saw it advertised on the back of the case.
From what I understand its a bit like Modern Warfare 2 and 3 in a the sense that its not a true co-op campaign, but rather special co-op side missions.
Can both players use their created main guy?

It's not a campaign or anything like that, really. Both of you choose three units and they pair up and fight a gauntlet of enemies, and if you win you get an item. There's no map or dialogue or anything like that.
---
~RMK~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#3RavarynPosted 2/9/2013 7:03:23 PM
There's not really missions.

You pick three units, your friend picks three units. Then you pick a set of enemies to fight (i.e. "Lon'qu's Blades" with a couple Blademasters) and then fight the units in order, ending with the named character of the group, attacking each until they fall. After felling an enemy, all of your characters recover health. Also, during these fights you can only use your equipped weapon, it never degrades, and attack ranges are ignored so that bow users and sword users can still properly fight.

Host attacks first turn and you select a unit to support them, performing one battle between you and the target. Second turn, you attack and your friend supports. During this, it seems like all characters are A~S in support levels because we were always at 70%/20% or more for support actions.
#4blueninja4444(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:17:24 PM
Thanks for the info!
So when you choose your units can you choose your created Avatars?
---
PWB's 24/7 Hardcore Champion!
#5helldewPosted 2/9/2013 10:23:05 PM
yes you can use your avatars you can basically use anyone provided they have weapon that can be used in combat
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.