RNG changing trick no longer working in this game??

#1ThEBMaNPosted 2/9/2013 10:07:16 PM
I'm attempting the usual RNG trick with the movement arrow to advance the RNG counter before a level up, and the path of the arrow changes just as it does in past FE games representing that the RNG has indeed advanced, yet I am getting the same stat ups every single try, no matter how much I advance the RNG with the movement arrow. What the hell.... anyone else noticed this?
---
"HAVE YOU...OR HAVE YOU NOT.....HEARD.....ABOUT.....THE BIRD?"
#2My_FilgaiaPosted 2/9/2013 10:09:49 PM
That no longer works. I'm hearing the RNG is dictated by the system clock.
---
The sauce is weak with this one. But...if he could be churned, he would make a powerful stir-fry.
#3KalanyrPosted 2/9/2013 10:16:20 PM
Its definitely not pure system clock. I've restarted from in game saves and you get the exact same results if you do the same thing. Even when that thing is failing an 80% chance, if it was pure system clock then that would get different results every time.
#4ThEBMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:33:50 PM
Well... even more reason to play in classic mode I suppose. I'm noticing in Casual mode that victories don't feel nearly as fulfilling... I almost feel like I'm cheating. anyone else get that too?
---
#5EsracPosted 2/9/2013 10:42:03 PM
ThEBMaN posted...
Well... even more reason to play in classic mode I suppose. I'm noticing in Casual mode that victories don't feel nearly as fulfilling... I almost feel like I'm cheating. anyone else get that too?

Eh...I went with casual mode myself. I know my habits well enough to know I'd just restart any time a character I like dies. Might as well save some time.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#6NowujaloPosted 2/9/2013 11:18:58 PM
Esrac posted...
ThEBMaN posted...

Eh...I went with casual mode myself. I know my habits well enough to know I'd just restart any time a character I like dies. Might as well save some time.

I did the same thing what is the point of Death when I will just restart the game as if nothing had happened?
---
I was forced to take out a mortgage on a house and the only job i could get was from the guy who "sold" me the house.
FREAKING ANIMAL CROSSING!
#7Huff n puff 20Posted 2/9/2013 11:27:06 PM
ThEBMaN posted...

Nope, not in the least.
---
Think a NEXT will save you from BETA? Think again.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8572968/1/Project-Ignition
#8ThEBMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:30:19 PM(edited)
I definitely see those points, however in practice the game definitely does have a different feel in casual vs classic. The experience in classic really is more intense and the feeling that every move matters is much more apparent. It is a more exciting experience. In casual the experience is just that... much more casual, more ho hum. Some of the "punch" of the game is lost. On the flip side, in casual you save yourself the extreme frustration when things don't go right, which isn't a matter of if, its a matter of when. Playing in classic, you ARE going to have characters die and will have to reset. You might not have anyone die in normal mode but as far as I'm concerned normal mode doesn't exist.

It really is driving me nuts trying to decide which way to go in this game, as I spent a good chunk of money to buy a 3DS XL and the game just to play this one game. I NEVER do that, but had to after how good I heard this installment of FE was. I want to maximize every ounce of enjoyment I can get out of this game, which is making the decision that much harder.
---
#9ArreiPosted 2/9/2013 11:33:07 PM(edited)
Not that it's "cheating", really, but the a big part of the reason to reset when you lose a unit is to punish yourself for failure. Without that aspect of failure, losing a unit in casual mode is just "Aw, dang." instead of "OH CRAP NO NO NO".
#10ThEBMaN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:57:38 PM
Lol I can relate to that. My first FE experience was FE7 and my god, what frustration I went through in that game! I was ready to throw my GBA up against the damn wall after many deaths. I absolutely would never let anyone die, which led to many resets and MUCH longer playtime. I think I played it for close to a year during my down time before I completed everyone's quests on hard mode. Granted I didn't have lots of downtime with full time work and the family. Even so, it prolonged the experience and ended up being one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. At this point in my life though, I don't think I want to go through the stress that game caused. I'd rather just play in casual I think.
---