I just don't get this game...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. I just don't get this game...
2 years ago#1
Playing this game makes me miss the far superior Final Fantasy Tactics. In that game, you had a dizzying number of moves to choose from, you could unlock jobs and choose any one you want at will. It had a form of perma-death, you had 3 turns to res your guy when he fell in battle or he was gone forever (made much more sense than automatically disappearing forever because of a bad stroke of luck. Each job had several attacks and you could even hold on to some of the skills you earn when you change jobs. You could even choose what direction you're facing when your turn was over to try to defend attacks. You werent given characters on horses you could put characters on mounts if you choose. These are just a few examples of how FF Tactics beats the snot out of this game.

Fire Emblem seems like a child's version of a tactics game in terms of options with almost impossible difficulty. Each battle requires you to start over a minimum of 10 times until the right set of lucky circumstances (enemies miss, characters crit) allows you to win. Pairing up essentially removes characters from the game and turns them into a trinket like a ring or amulet. A healer can't even heal themselves. It boggles the mind how limited the battles are in this game.

The no feet thing makes no sense and takes you out of the game too... Minor point I know... But why??

Point is I think ill go and replay FF Tactics for the 14th time and get my money back for this surprisingly disappointing game.
2 years ago#2
Fire Emblem seems like a child's version of a tactics game

Play Thracia and get back to me on that
2 years ago#3
Timelord2112 posted...
Point is I think ill go and replay FF Tactics for the 14th time and get my money back for this surprisingly disappointing game.

Good. Now leave the boards and never return.
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
UMvC3: Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye. SFxT: LarsXJin, SakuraXAsuka. Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening(3DS)
2 years ago#4
have fun with that

i'm sure SE is making a new FF tactics game right as we s-
*burst out laughing*
2 years ago#5
Don't worry man. We know FE is a hard game that requires a fair amount of intelligence to be good at. We won't hold it against you if you decide to give up.
2 years ago#6
But Final Fantasy's people are so ugly, and their clothes are disgusting! :P (no, I really do think so)
2 years ago#7
I literally loled at Tc's post.
---
Screw GS
2 years ago#8
so basically you got pissy about being terrible and ragequit.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
2 years ago#9
God when did people get so bad at video games? This game isn't even hard the difficulty is very reasonable on hard and normal is a joke.
2 years ago#10
1: this game is nothing like tactics. So your entire spiel is invalid. Go to a Disgaea forum if you want to cry about how much you fap to Tactics. Just because it's on a grid, doesn't mean it's the same thing. Though for the record, Devil Survivor 1 and 2 beat Tactics into the ground. Perma death aside.

2: The difficulty has some luck elements, yeah. But i've gotten through just fine without heavily needing to rely on luck. It's called strategy, you should try it some time.

3: You're stuck on chapter 1 or something? Get past it and then try to judge the pairing system. It's clear you have absolutely no idea what you're even talking about, so I really wont bother going in depth to explain it. Seriously, play the game and THEN judge it.

4: I'm thinking (hoping) this is just a clever troll topic, because I wonder how someone could be as stupid as you are.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. I just don't get this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived