Screw XXX to represent Fire Emblem in Smash Bros 4... we should have...

#31JiriliciousPosted 2/10/2013 12:40:40 PM
Ann WOULD be cool...

But I like the idea of Hector.

Micaiah would also be sweet.
---
Black 2 FC: Krystal - 4427 9698 9639
#32jtwo22Posted 2/10/2013 1:37:05 PM
Karakasa posted...
Even though this isn't the SSB4 forum, I think it's more appropriate here in Awakening because it's a special game for the character I'm going to suggest, and many of the dreamers in the other forums probably won't appreciate her anyways.

Forget about Micaiah, Hector, and all the other random FE characters people suggest (especially non-lords, all of which have a 0% chance of making it -- EXCEPT THIS ONE!)...

The next Smash Bros should have ANNA, the ONLY character to be in every single Fire Emblem game. Cmon.

As the first lord. Marth will obviously return.
Replace Ike with Chrom or Lucina.
And I actually agree. Anna would make a nice addition. Being the FE mascot.and all. Besides. Smash doesn't have enough female characters.
Just give her an original move set. For example: Take several moves from each class she can change into and combine them into one character. This gives her access to sword ,bow and magic attacks.
---
Miyamoto: This Zelda was like losing my virginity, in the sense that we were making something completely new .
#33aamotPosted 2/10/2013 1:39:33 PM(edited)
Anna's just a novelty NPC?

Well f***. So much for her joining me later I guess.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#34jtwo22Posted 2/10/2013 1:46:44 PM
aamot posted...
Anna's just a novelty NPC?

Well f***. So much for her joining me later I guess.

Novelty NPC? This game is the first time she can join you as a playable character.
---
Miyamoto: This Zelda was like losing my virginity, in the sense that we were making something completely new .
#35Karakasa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:09:01 PM
jtwo22 posted...
As the first lord. Marth will obviously return.
Replace Ike with Chrom or Lucina.
And I actually agree. Anna would make a nice addition. Being the FE mascot.and all. Besides. Smash doesn't have enough female characters.
Just give her an original move set. For example: Take several moves from each class she can change into and combine them into one character. This gives her access to sword ,bow and magic attacks.

Yeah, mascot is the key word. A lot of people are really obsessed with diversity (too many sword users, too many men, more unique movesets, etc), but mechanics and skills really come far secondary to being a mascot... because after all, it's a game of mascots. That's why Lyn and Hector really have absolutely no chance. (And as an aside, Geno has NO chance despite his cult popularity), especially as they mean very little in the world of FE itself. And this goes for a lot of other games too. Mascot power trumps everything.

Regarding Chrome and Ike, I think that completely depends on the mindset of Sakurai on that "slot." That slot could be for the second most popular / representative (representative being more important than popular) character, which would be Ike, with his two games and veterancy. Or the slot could fit a "current-gen lord" mold, which would then see Ike give it over to Chrom... similar to how Mewtwo gave his spot to Lucario to represent the 4th gen Pokemon. We can't read Sakurai's mind, so we'll see.

Back to Anna, I think some of her moves should incorporate money (kinda like how Mario's Up B knocks coins out of people), to fit with how greedy she is in Awakening -- maybe she can hit people with her bag of coins. And her super smash move should "pause" the game (complete with a portrait of her in the middle) while she goes and secretly beats everyone up :P
#36YoyokuKOPosted 2/10/2013 2:21:01 PM
Karakasa posted...
And her super smash move should "pause" the game (complete with a portrait of her in the middle) while she goes and secretly beats everyone up :P

i say everything anyone pauses the game, the camera will always start on Anna first.
#37BrokenBandit84Posted 2/10/2013 2:23:38 PM
Krom, Marth, Anna, and Lucina. Roy and Ike can kiss my butt!
#38BrokenBandit84Posted 2/10/2013 2:25:34 PM
I think Anna and Marth would be the best since they are the Mascots of Fire Emblem and that's what Super Smash Bros. is a game of Mascots.
#39ssj4supervegetaPosted 2/10/2013 2:25:56 PM
if they want a person from this game i'd say lucina or chrom.

using the avatar is the person would be...interesting.

altho i still love roy and marth XD
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#40NeonYoshi11Posted 2/10/2013 2:52:01 PM
They need to make a smash brothers type of game for ONLY Fire Emblem characters.

There are enough and they are all unique for the most part.