Why did they cheap out on the voice acting?

#31Savior08Posted 2/10/2013 12:37:40 PM
ol marth
---
Never did build that glass castle
#32jayman7Posted 2/10/2013 12:39:40 PM
FujibayashiSuzu posted...
I somehow doubt Kid Icarus has the sheer amount of dialogue that FE has. Just think about it for a second - for Robin alone - you have 3 support ranks with EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME. 4 with those of your opposite gender.

Think about Morgan, too. Any of the other children could be a sibling, a parent, or a romantic interest! And even if none of those apply, male Morgan has supports with Owain and Yarne, and female Morgan with Noire and Nah. Each outcome would need an entirely different set of three or four conversations! For each of Morgan's two actors!

Yeah, the amount of text in the plot is one thing. The amount of text in the support conversations is huge.

I don't mind full voice acting in games so long as it's competent, but too many games have incompetent acting. Actually, I'm fairly impressed with most of the soundbytes in this game compared with some games I could name.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#33Omegatron_Posted 2/10/2013 12:40:00 PM
They could/should have voiced the entire main story line. I wouldn't expect the support conversations to be voiced.
#34BlackBloodDragoPosted 2/10/2013 12:41:16 PM
airtamis posted...
BlackBloodDrago posted...
FujibayashiSuzu posted...
Kid Icarus has amazing voice acting(best voice acting on a handheald ever!), they sure as hell didn't cheap out on that, they could've done the same here.

I somehow doubt Kid Icarus has the sheer amount of dialogue that FE has. Just think about it for a second - for Robin alone - you have 3 support ranks with EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME. 4 with those of your opposite gender.

You haven't played kid icarus have you? The amount of dialogue is really impressive, they're pretty much talking most of the time when playing a chapter, I will agree that fire emblem does have more dialogue, but actual voice acting? Not by a mile.

Uh, what is your point? We just said that Fire Emblem has way more dialogue than Kid Icarus.

Nothing really, just that a little more voice acting wouldn't hurt.
---
New 3DS (old one was stolen with all my games....) FC: 3480-3950-4456
Drill Arm Dentist at your service :P
#35ivanhellsingPosted 2/10/2013 12:45:29 PM
RyoKaiba posted...
It's rather impressive for a handheld. If you don't realize that then... well, no helping you.

---
White FC: 4428-0185-7278
Black 2 FC : 0992-0835-6808
#36BeanBeanKingdomPosted 2/10/2013 12:50:32 PM
Bear_in_Action posted...
Paradox421 posted...
Kid Icarus has amazing voice acting(best voice acting on a handheald ever!), they sure as hell didn't cheap out on that, they could've done the same here.

Right, but Kid Icarus doesn't have lots of beautiful cutscenes that probably take up a majority of the cartridge space.

Just curious, what about Professor Layton?

It's not fully voiced, just in animated cutscenes (which take up around forty minutes in each recent game), some in-engine cutscenes and one-liners during puzzle-solving. Kid Icarus has a lot more.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#37darkblade1112Posted 2/10/2013 12:57:12 PM
I love all the people saying its impressive for handheld, meanwhile pretending there aren't tonnes of PSP and Vita games with full voice acting, which are also available in a downloadable format.
#38Excalibur318Posted 2/10/2013 12:59:55 PM
The difference between Kid Icarus and this game is that this game has a ton of content and is a very long game. Kid Icarus (though amazing) was a pretty short game, and most of the content came from difficult achievements and multi player.
#39Pyro76Posted 2/10/2013 1:00:06 PM
darkblade1112 posted...
I love all the people saying its impressive for handheld, meanwhile pretending there aren't tonnes of PSP and Vita games with full voice acting, which are also available in a downloadable format.

Does those game have 35+ unique voice actors for every character role just like Fire Emblem?
---
Sin & Punishment - Star Successor Record Holder (Stage 7)
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#40LeanaunfurledPosted 2/10/2013 1:03:41 PM
It really isn't all that impressive for a current/next gen handheld to have a lot of voice acting. >_> It's just a matter of choice/budget if it's to a minimum.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png