It's really sad that you can't pair guys...

#21ssj4supervegetaPosted 2/10/2013 1:30:27 PM
there were a few chars i was like "oh man some girl on girl/guy on guy here would be awesome!" but then it didnt give the option for AnY of them D:

like...NONE of them are gay? not even frederick?!

Frederick x Vaike
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#22SharperKnivesPosted 2/10/2013 1:31:29 PM
aamot posted...
I wouldn't think that gay players need a gay character to enjoy this game. I think what you just did is stereotyping.

oh snap
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.
#23Distant_Earth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:32:22 PM
Oh for the records, i think the adoptions thing is silly too, but wouldn't have hurt them to include a couple of gay male or female just to give the option to gay players.

Yes, it's silly pandering, but the whole game is filled with it, so don't give me "it's not necessary!".
#24JoeUUGGHHPosted 2/10/2013 1:32:57 PM
Zeldias posted...
To all who say offspring, I counter with adoption.

Isn't it entirely possible that the couple could adopt the kid? Because I really fail to see what DNA has to do with whether or not a person can become a certain class or learn a certain skill. Same with stats; smart parents don't produce smart kids through genetics, but because the kids have parents who are intellectually curious and most likely encourage their kids to do the same.

So as far as I can see, the only character that necessarily must be straight is Chrom, because the royal bloodline is important with regards to wielding Falchion.

So you need a separate rule book to explain all this now too?

Get a life and do what another player suggested, do FanFiction. Developers kept it simple and did it the way they wanted to. End of story. Move on with your life
---
A man's character is the sum of his action!~Magneto
PkMn Fc 0215 7286 1003
#25ZembaphobiaPosted 2/10/2013 1:33:35 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
children

This. If the point of marriage us to get children, it makes no sense for them to have gay couples
---
http://i.imgur.com/98ecp.gif http://i48.tinypic.com/2lx9u07.gif
http://myanimelist.net/signature/Zembaphobic.png
#26pillerofautumnPosted 2/10/2013 1:33:59 PM
Oh for the records, i think the adoptions thing is silly too, but wouldn't have hurt them to include a couple of gay male or female just to give the option to gay players.

Yes, it's silly pandering, but the whole game is filled with it, so don't give me "it's not necessary!".

So they should pander to the necrophiliacs too. Marriage to a corpse ftw.

Like someone else said, marriage in this game is just a way to put the children in this game. Nothing else. Not to pander, not to make it like a dating sim. Just for the children.
#27Fourth_BonkuraPosted 2/10/2013 1:35:33 PM
SharperKnives posted...
Zeldias posted...

Because I really fail to see what DNA has to do with whether or not a person can become a certain class or learn a certain skill.

but, you dont know that for suuuuuuuuuuure

Sure, passing on something like Aether or Armsthrift via DNA makes perfect sense...

If you think Lamarckian inheritance is right! protip: it's not
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#28Segmented OdinPosted 2/10/2013 1:37:07 PM
Zeldias posted...

Isn't it entirely possible that the couple could adopt the kid? Because I really fail to see what DNA has to do with whether or not a person can become a certain class or learn a certain skill. Same with stats; smart parents don't produce smart kids through genetics, but because the kids have parents who are intellectually curious and most likely encourage their kids to do the same.

So as far as I can see, the only character that necessarily must be straight is Chrom, because the royal bloodline is important with regards to wielding Falchion.

Except the fact that your child DOES inherit stats, maximum caps, and skills from their parents means it's genetic. It may not be in the real world, but Fire Emblem is obviously set in a different one.

Honestly, IS can usually drop some nice hints, but because of the Marriage system in this game everyone is throwing up a storm because LE GAYZ CAN'T MARRY. Seriously. There's been HoYay in most Fire Emblems, especially 7 (Raven and Lucius ftw). Avatar(M) frets over Chrom in their supports like a worried wife. Lon'qu is ripe for homoerotic undertones. The list goes on.
#29SharperKnivesPosted 2/10/2013 1:38:40 PM
Fourth_Bonkura posted...
SharperKnives posted...
Zeldias posted...

Because I really fail to see what DNA has to do with whether or not a person can become a certain class or learn a certain skill.

but, you dont know that for suuuuuuuuuuure

Sure, passing on something like Aether or Armsthrift via DNA makes perfect sense...

gonna go the obvious route here and say "so modern science in a game with magic and dragons and shapeshifters blahblah etc"
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.
#30pillerofautumnPosted 2/10/2013 1:39:01 PM

Are you seriously applying a real life evolutionary theory to a fictitious world? What is this... I don't even