Critical Hits within the Fire Emblem series are largely a double-edged sword

#11WinsagePosted 2/10/2013 3:14:39 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
only thing i hate is like "ok so now this char will get hit but not die, but then the enemy will be blocking all the other ones from hitting it!"

then she crits it kills it and leaves herself wide open for another attack...

it sucks when that happens :c

Came in here thinking of this.
#12HolyCorsairPosted 2/10/2013 3:16:04 PM
The enemy critical chances are usually so low, that it's truly rare to get hit by one. When an enemy with a decent shot at a critical pops up, my strategy shifts entirely.

If anything, I wish enemy criticals were more common. I've been saved by criticals far more than I've been killed.

Unless, we're talking my units scoring too many criticals during an enemy turn. If you end up dropping enemies you weren't planning on, sometimes the enemy will have more opportunities to attack, and can end up screwing you over.
#13TorajimaPosted 2/10/2013 3:17:44 PM
I haven't had much trouble with critical hits, if there is any chance at all of an enemy critical, I'll either attack with a character that can take 3X damage and survive, attack with one that can one hit kill the enemy, or attack them from afar with magic and bows.
#14Shuo_RagnarokPosted 2/10/2013 3:17:56 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
only thing i hate is like "ok so now this char will get hit but not die, but then the enemy will be blocking all the other ones from hitting it!"

then she crits it kills it and leaves herself wide open for another attack...

it sucks when that happens :c

This to the max The infamous Pain Train.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#15Loyal_AgerPosted 2/10/2013 3:27:13 PM
Well sometimes I just calculated it just right so that when the enemy hits me, I hit back so the enemie does not get killed. I do this because often times there are other enemy units and I have a wall of characters, so during an enemy turn they would only get hit once. But when I crit and kill a unit another unit comes up and finishes off my character!