What happened to good level design in Fire Emblem?

#11Frost_LASERPosted 2/11/2013 12:14:40 AM
I was kinda freaked out in that mission that spawns sorcerers on the sides if the map with ranged tomes. I usually play it slow and gather all the treasure, but that level had me playing fast.

The mission with Tiki was also a nice change of pace, I was shocked when they flew past my units and rushed her.
#12MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 12:15:31 AM
The mission with Tiki was also a nice change of pace, I was shocked when they flew past my units and rushed her.

Literally just form a triangle/diamond around her and hit end turn until the map is over
#13KalanyrPosted 2/11/2013 12:15:49 AM
Not sure if trolling or stupidly overlevelled.

I'm playing on Normal Casual, and I haven't particularly avoided grinding (when Risen battles where available that I could win I did them).

As of Chapter 10 an enemy archer will still 1 shot a pegasus rider if I don't kill them first, as will enemies who are carrying Elwind.

That or you're deliberately pairing up your flyers with really high defence units and effectively complaining because your strategy actually works.
#14KantonosoPosted 2/11/2013 12:18:15 AM
Kalanyr posted...
Not sure if trolling or stupidly overlevelled.

VERY overlevelled, if I had to guess. I mean, "hit end turn until you win?" I don't think it's even physically possible to get THAT broken with three specific characters unless you grind a lot.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Playing Mass Effect 3
Main class: Vanguard. Secondary Class: Engineer.
#15bluerulerPosted 2/11/2013 12:18:55 AM
Psst!

....turn up the difficulty
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#16MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 12:19:11 AM
Psst!

Doesn't do anything
#17KantonosoPosted 2/11/2013 12:21:18 AM
MarthMoopa posted...
Psst!

Doesn't do anything

Oh? Then you're fine with fully recording a Lunatic+ Playthrough for us and showing us how easy the bad level design makes this game? Please do, I'd love to see that.
---
#18EnulfPosted 2/11/2013 12:23:30 AM
emagdnE posted...
good to see you finally caught on

I'm not sure, but I think Moops made this as a Toke Jopic. Or maybe he is really is a diehard Thracia fan?
---
What time is it?
#19KantonosoPosted 2/11/2013 12:26:37 AM
Enulf posted...
emagdnE posted...
good to see you finally caught on

I'm not sure, but I think Moops made this as a Toke Jopic. Or maybe he is really is a diehard Thracia fan?

I think so too, but I'm feeding into it to see how far it goes :P
---
#20MoonLightCloudPosted 2/11/2013 12:27:39 AM
Level design is at least better than some games (Sacred Stones comes to mind). And if the enemy positioning sucks, at least the level looks pretty (Ch. 24).