What happened to good level design in Fire Emblem?

#111FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 2:21:58 PM
SuperGamecube64 posted...
MarthMoopa posted...
TL;DR version of this entire topic: TC is a troll

I am not a troll.

The trolls are the people who deny what I say without explaining themselves and falling back on the forever incorrect "zomg dude it's subjective" line.

With what reason did you post your opinion? I can tell by your wording, it is not intended to spark a debate, or even an intelligent conversation. You intended to anger. That makes you a troll.

In addition, you said on another topic that you "don't have opinions." You frame your argument as if everything you say is an objective truth. Troll confirmed.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#112BufkusPosted 2/11/2013 2:22:10 PM
Everything MarthMoopa said is his opinion. He cannot objectively prove any of his opinions on Fire Emblem Awakening or any FE game post Thracia.

Not a single fact was uttered from his lips.
#113Pervert_KuhnPosted 2/11/2013 2:24:22 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cNUI5pZuM54/UHJIx9pmqOI/AAAAAAAAAZk/xtw2qoRvIbw/s1600/pinkiepie_popcorn.gif
---
The Official Almaz von Almandine Adamant of the Disgaea 4 Board
"****ing blocks...I'm gonna climb the **** outta you!"
#114FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 2:24:38 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
If someone thinks an objectively good thing is bad, it doesn't make the thing they hate bad, they simply hate it and that's their opinion.

This statement describes you perfectly.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#115MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:28:26 PM(edited)
Everything MarthMoopa said is his opinion. He cannot objectively prove any of his opinions on Fire Emblem Awakening or any FE game post Thracia.

Not a single fact was uttered from his lips.

Incorrect.

Because you all seem to not know the difference between fact and opinion, here are some examples.

Opinion: Those shoes look so cool
Fact: Those shoes were design to allow a human to walk on various types of terrain that would otherwise scratch, scrape, slice, puncture, etc, delicate human skin

Opinion: This food is tasty
Fact: That food provides you various important nutrients to maintain your health

Opinion: This level is fun
Fact: This level was designed in such a way as to challenge the player in various intricate strategical ways

I never discuss opinion related garbage, because it is irrelevant. Also, keep in mind because of the nature of opinions, they can go against what is fact. Example:

Opinion: Thracia is too hard
Fact: The entire purpose of a strategy game is to be difficult, because without difficulty, there is no strategy
#116awesomephatmanPosted 2/11/2013 2:31:57 PM
PokeRocksUSA posted...
The TC is a common troll. He picks games, says how much he loves it to gain the trust of other users, then attempts to troll it after a while. He's done this with plenty of games so far on many different boards, under many different names but similar names. (MarthKoopa, MarthMoopa, etc.)

He might have aesthetically compelling arguments, but they are extremely hollow and mostly subjective. Take his opinion with caution, guys.

Aesthetically compelling arguments?

I think he's making some good points on level design in this topic.

But you think he's trolling? Hmm...what other games has he done that for?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
What is valuable to you? What is meaningful to you?
#117FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 2:33:54 PM
Here's another opinion: "Thracia 776 had the best level design."
You can back up your claim with evidence, but that doesn't make it a fact.
---
#118CreepGnomePosted 2/11/2013 2:34:48 PM
But you think he's trolling? Hmm...what other games has he done that for?

Literally every Fire Emblem game.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#119MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:35:03 PM
Here's another opinion: "Thracia 776 had the best level design."
You can back up your claim with evidence, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Backing it up DOES make it fact. If the others are all worse than Thracia... it's the best. It's basic logic.
#120arvilinoPosted 2/11/2013 2:36:27 PM(edited)
awesomephatman posted...
MarthMoopa posted...
Lol, no. One person might think a stage is well-designed. Another person might not. That's called an opinion.

What somebody thinks is irrelevant. If someone thinks a well designed level is bad, they're simply wrong.

I agree with Moopa. He even provided a good analogy and good examples on what good level design is and what bad level design is.

So is it really that bad in Awakening, dude? Man. =/

No he's just overselling Thracia like that chapter he's just described where the map is just flooded with weak enemies(that you can neutralize by simply having a mounted unit unequipped) and you don't really need to risk anything for the additional items because you can use the infinite range warp and rescue staves to reach them and bring whomever back.