What happened to good level design in Fire Emblem?

#121Col_MobiusPosted 2/11/2013 1:36:08 PM
I think we should start a betting pool on how old MarthMoopa is. Let's set the over/under at 14.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4140-9968
#122MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:37:21 PM
because you can use the infinite Warp and rescue staves to reach them and bring whomever back.

There is no infinite warp and rescue, using them on this chapter is a waste, and doing so would put a single unit at risk due to all of the powerful enemies.
#123CreepGnomePosted 2/11/2013 1:40:51 PM
Backing it up DOES make it fact. If the others are all worse than Thracia... it's the best. It's basic logic.

I think Obama is Hitler 2.0. I can back this up with the help of my entire extended family from Texas. Therefore, Obama is Hitler 2.0.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#124arvilinoPosted 2/11/2013 1:41:17 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
because you can use the infinite Warp and rescue staves to reach them and bring whomever back.

There is no infinite warp and rescue, using them on this chapter is a waste, and doing so would put a single unit at risk due to all of the powerful enemies.

Safy warps Dean to the house and he gets the Dragon Lance. Lara Dances for Safy, Safy uses the Rescue staff to bring Dean back, no problem. You might want to try it out on your 2nd playthrough of Thracia 776.
#125MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:42:12 PM
Backing it up DOES make it fact. If the others are all worse than Thracia... it's the best. It's basic logic.

I think Obama is Hitler 2.0. I can back this up with the help of my entire extended family from Texas. Therefore, Obama is Hitler 2.0.

If you can provide evidence that Obama has committed atrocities on the same level as Hitler, then you can go ahead and say he is.
#126MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:42:46 PM
Safy warps Dean to the house and he gets the Dragon Lance. Lara Dances for Safy, Safy uses the Rescue staff to bring Dean back, no problem. You might want to try it out on your 2nd playthrough of Thracia 776.

Wasting.
#127FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 1:43:21 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Here's another opinion: "Thracia 776 had the best level design."
You can back up your claim with evidence, but that doesn't make it a fact.

What I said I thought Blazing Sword had the best level design? As evidence I present Chapter 24. There. I've backed up my claim with evidence. Guess it's a fact now, guys.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#128MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:44:32 PM
What I said I thought Blazing Sword had the best level design? As evidence I present Chapter 24. There. I've backed up my claim with evidence. Guess it's a fact now, guys.

You have not explained why Chapter 24 is great, and why a singular level warrants the entire game as being good for level design.

Try again.
#129TiamatKillerPosted 2/11/2013 1:45:27 PM
"This is my opinion, deal with it."

Me: Ok.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#130FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 1:48:03 PM
MarthMoopa posted...

You have not explained why Chapter 24 is great, and why a singular level warrants the entire game as being good for level design.

Try again.

You're splitting hairs. I'm trying to illustrate that a compelling argument doesn't magically transform an opinion into a fact.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.