What happened to good level design in Fire Emblem?

#131MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:49:36 PM
You're splitting hairs. I'm trying to illustrate that a compelling argument doesn't magically transform an opinion into a fact.

What you're illustrating is that you can't make a statement with no explanation to back it up.
#132FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 2:54:29 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
You're splitting hairs. I'm trying to illustrate that a compelling argument doesn't magically transform an opinion into a fact.

What you're illustrating is that you can't make a statement with no explanation to back it up.

For the sake of argument, let's just say I wrote a ten-page essay about why FE7 has the best level design of any Fire Emblem. No matter how much evidence I provide, my opinion doesn't become a fact.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#133MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:56:04 PM
For the sake of argument, let's just say I wrote a ten-page essay about why FE7 has the best level design of any Fire Emblem. No matter how much evidence I provide, my opinion doesn't become a fact.

If you wrote a ten page essay about why Blazing Sword has good level design, and were somehow correct, and that every other Fire Emblem pales in comparison, it WOULD be fact.

But, that wouldn't happen because Blazing has terrible level design.
#134Wandering__HeroPosted 2/11/2013 3:26:29 PM
PokeRocksUSA posted...
The TC is a common troll. He picks games, says how much he loves it to gain the trust of other users, then attempts to troll it after a while. He's done this with plenty of games so far on many different boards, under many different names but similar names. (MarthKoopa, MarthMoopa, etc.)

He might have aesthetically compelling arguments, but they are extremely hollow and mostly subjective. Take his opinion with caution, guys.

This guy, this guy knows his stuff.

I've only seen MarthKoopa on fe boards (and he does this for all of them) but it wouldn't surprise me if he trolls other boards to
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#135MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:27:15 PM

Both of you are horribly incorrect.
#136MoloMowChowPosted 2/11/2013 3:30:38 PM
Fire Emblem: Awakening ended up being a great success in both the East and the West bro, no amount of discussion's gonna change dat.
---
PSN: Dysprosium123
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Warrior
#137Shuo_RagnarokPosted 2/11/2013 3:46:25 PM
MarthMoopa posted...

Both of you are horribly incorrect.

It's only incorrect because you don't agree with it, like every other argument you spark. Unless you can refute their claims with proof and facts (and not your horribly flawed 'my opinion is fact' logic) then you have no ground against them.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#138Shuo_RagnarokPosted 2/11/2013 4:10:20 PM(edited)
MarthMoopa posted...
Here's another opinion: "Thracia 776 had the best level design."
You can back up your claim with evidence, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Backing it up DOES make it fact. If the others are all worse than Thracia... it's the best. It's basic logic.

"these levels are well designed" is an opinion sir, as you are judging the quality and difficulty of the maps based on YOUR standards, standards which are not shared with everyone else. There are people who believe otherwise, or believe other Fire Emblem maps are well designed based on THEIR standards. Back it up all you want, but your claims stem from your own unique standards, which makes it an opinion, and a million opinions will NEVER become fact as long as there is an opposing, backed up argument.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#139WestbrickIIIPosted 2/11/2013 4:04:43 PM
Look, Marth, let me level with you. You'll agree that I treat you more patiently than everyone else on this board, but even I'm getting a little frustrated. You continue to speak in generalities. If you'd like to have a conversation about map design, pick a specific map of the ones listed here for Awakening and we can converse. I'd also be down for an FE7 conversation.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#140MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:16:34 PM
"these levels are well designed" is an opinion sir

I have provided enough detail to explain that they are factually well designed.

as you are judging the quality and difficulty of the maps based on YOUR standards

I am not judging based on MY standards, I am judging based on WHAT MAKES FOR GOOD STRATEGY GAMEPLAY