What happened to good level design in Fire Emblem?

#141Is_CorruptedPosted 2/11/2013 4:33:16 PM
The level design in this game indeed did feel bad though...
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#142Shuo_RagnarokPosted 2/11/2013 4:34:29 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
"these levels are well designed" is an opinion sir

I have provided enough detail to explain that they are factually well designed.

as you are judging the quality and difficulty of the maps based on YOUR standards

I am not judging based on MY standards, I am judging based on WHAT MAKES FOR GOOD STRATEGY GAMEPLAY

Even with your stated details not everyone, once again, shares the same standards as to what 'well designed' is. The same goes for how 'good strategy gameplay' is perceived, not in the sense that people would have different definitions but how the gameplay is presented to them and how it fits their playstyle. Some people would argue that Awakening or RD is strategically satisfying to them and would have grounded reasons why they believe so, much how you do with the games you like. Once again Marth, the game quality changes by standards, and what you believe to be 'good strategy gameplay' in Thracia could be argued by others to be either excessive or not challenging enough for their tastes. You really need to learn to take such arguments into consideration before you declare your own claims to be universally true.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#143MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:04:43 PM
Even with your stated details not everyone, once again, shares the same standards as to what 'well designed' is. The same goes for how 'good strategy gameplay' is perceived

Incorrect.

Someone may not like it, but level design is still objective.

Some people would argue that Awakening or RD is strategically satisfying to them

Doesn't matter what they believe. The only things that matter are the facts. No one cares about opinions.

Once again Marth, the game quality changes by standards.

It doesn't. Strategy is strategy. It's either there, or it's not.

You really need to learn to take such arguments into consideration before you declare your own claims to be universally true.

Nobody ever truly argues with me. They pull out the "that's your opinion" card and call it a night. Westbrick is one of few who actually tries to explain what he thinks (unfortunately for him, he's not always right).
#144FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 5:12:53 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Nobody ever truly argues with me.

So let me get this straight. You don't "have opinions", and everything that comes out of your mouth is an objective truth. No one can refute you, and if they think differently than you they're "wrong".

Good luck with life, man.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#145MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:14:16 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Nobody ever truly argues with me.

So let me get this straight. You don't "have opinions", and everything that comes out of your mouth is an objective truth. No one can refute you, and if they think differently than you they're "wrong".

Good luck with life, man.

Why would I ever say something that's incorrect? Being wrong is not a good way to live.
#146DyGenGuarPosted 2/11/2013 5:17:19 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Being wrong is not a good way to live.

Incorrect.
---
Strike with Soul and Sword
#147MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:18:35 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Being wrong is not a good way to live.

Incorrect.

You're incorrect
#148WestbrickIIIPosted 2/11/2013 5:19:05 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Westbrick is one of few who actually tries to explain what he thinks (unfortunately for him, he's not always right).

Speaking of which, you ought to respond to my last post! I'm actually up for a map design discussion so long as you're ready to be a little more specific.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#149FlyingDeCowPosted 2/11/2013 5:22:06 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Why would I ever say something that's incorrect? Being wrong is not a good way to live.

I'm doing my best to hold back because I don't know what kind of mental issues you have, but here's some advice. That kind of attitude will alienate you from people. Being lonely is not a good way to live, either.
---
Whenever it's foggy out, I imagine my vision is being restricted to 3 squares. If only I brought a torch with me.
#150MarthMoopa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:25:36 PM
Being lonely is not a good way to live, either.

I will never be lonely, I will always have K-On