The marriages in this game make no sense

#51Fourth_BonkuraPosted 2/12/2013 5:23:20 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
This is known: Marriage in FE doesn't make sense.
FE4 is a beacon of that. (Go, pair Julia with any non-Seliph guy. Tell me what kind of sense it makes, when she proceeds to never talk to him.)

...You know she's his sister right? She starts out with almost maxed affection but loses points every turn. It's actually impossible to pair them up without using a glitch.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#52BedsheetGhostPosted 2/12/2013 6:07:31 AM
I thought Gaius and Panne worked out well. He hears about some special Taguel candy, fakes being interested in her culture to get to it, they spend time together, it ends with Gaius becoming actually interested in her and her people. Not too hard to see that blooming into a romantic relationship.

Henry and Olivia also works. Olivia thinks he smiles all the time to hide his pain, he's like "lol nope just happy!" She tries to analyze him, fails, she has a heart attack-like curse thing happen to her (they say it was from "the previous battle"), he shows genuine concern and is scared, and after Olivia recovers she comments on how she believes Henry smiling at her recovery was the first real smile he ever gave and she likes the look of it. Again, not too hard to see a budding romance there.

But yeah, most of the marriages make no sense. Chrom x Sumia has to be the worst. They show all these hints at the beginning that she has a serious thing for him...and the waste the entire SC talking about pies? Lame.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#53LeanaunfurledPosted 2/12/2013 6:16:13 AM
But of course, this is a Nintendo game, so can't expect that to happen. Although it would make the supports much better and less awkward.

Yes, because cheating isn't awkward and hostile at all. It makes sense they left that crap out, so as far as I see it, that point still stands. Not to mention if you take advantage of supports and actually get supports up with everyone, the game may as well be an orgy. No.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#54IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/12/2013 7:24:58 AM
Donny and Panne's entire support line conversation is just about Panne falling into Donny's animal traps. I haven't gotten the S-Rank for that one yet but I can't even fathom how this one will go.
---
|N|M|E|
#55BufkusPosted 2/12/2013 11:01:49 AM
its a Nintendo game. They're fine with violence but anything remotely sexual is a big no-no.

I don't see why this bothers anyone. You wouldn't expect any different from a Disney cartoon/movie.
#56qwertyman2002Posted 2/12/2013 11:15:55 AM(edited)
Donnel and Cordelia's supports/marriage make sense.

All they do is try to find good and bad things about each other.

And somewhere along they line when they think about each others' good things they just like that person more.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#57casedawgzPosted 2/12/2013 11:25:49 AM
Lon'Qu and Maribelle is bad. She initially starts to try to help him with his discomfort around women. Along the way they decide that they love each other, even though he can barely bring himself to touch her. They decide to get married so they'll be stuck together forever and can keep trying to make him more comfortable with her.
#58pillerofautumnPosted 2/12/2013 3:37:37 PM
But of course, this is a Nintendo game, so can't expect that to happen. Although it would make the supports much better and less awkward.

Yes, because cheating isn't awkward and hostile at all. It makes sense they left that crap out, so as far as I see it, that point still stands. Not to mention if you take advantage of supports and actually get supports up with everyone, the game may as well be an orgy. No.

That's not cheating. We have no control over how our relationships with people develop. It'd be another thing if you enact on those feelings. I'm not saying they should be rolling in the hay, but at least show that they like each other instead of "oh you made me a pie, it taste good" leading to "I love your pies, marry me".

Makes sense that they left it out, cause FE isn't known for its maturity, but not because it's hostile or cheating or implies an orgy.
#59bcoulter1994Posted 2/12/2013 3:41:15 PM
half the fun is how nonsensicle the relationships are. so no they dont make sense.
#60EnulfPosted 2/12/2013 3:43:45 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
Gaius does the same for Olivia. He bakes her pies and then puts a ring in the pie.

What is this whole pie obsession about?

I think the writers were hrting for material. It's not just pies, but food seems to be a theme.
---
What time is it?