Best classes for Chrom, Lucina, Avatar?

#1Sentinel07Posted 2/11/2013 10:00:50 PM
Out of curiosity, how good are the Great Lord and Grandmaster classes?

I'm trying to figure out a strategy for Chrom, Lucina, and Avatar (since they're the 3 main characters) and lots of people only seem to get the skills from these classes before going to another one.

So, I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on this matter.
#2SonGlennPosted 2/12/2013 3:45:06 AM
Well Grandmaster is basically Tactician but better, which means it's still very good, but the Avatar can also become a Dark Knight, which has the same weapon choices as Grandmaster but gets a horse as well. The max stats for both classes as the Avatar are pretty similar, too.

As for Chrom as Lucina, they both make very good Paladins. Although I think they might lose the ability to equip Falchion? That would be a pretty big disadvantage.
---
3DS: 5257-8787-1969 "Jackgar" Nintendo ID: Jackgar
PSN: JackgarPrime
#3eduard_3000Posted 2/12/2013 3:49:11 AM(edited)
I'd take Dark Knight class for Avatar, just finished a round and it was pretty good. The skill, forgot the name, helps a lot (lvl 15 Dark Knight)

I got Lucina to Sword Master(?) so she could get another % chance activation skill to maximize her Lord Class.
---
[::[__]::]
[+[__]::] its a DS :)
#4Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/12/2013 3:49:01 AM
SonGlenn posted...
Well Grandmaster is basically Tactician but better, which means it's still very good, but the Avatar can also become a Dark Knight, which has the same weapon choices as Grandmaster but gets a horse as well. The max stats for both classes as the Avatar are pretty similar, too.

As for Chrom as Lucina, they both make very good Paladins. Although I think they might lose the ability to equip Falchion? That would be a pretty big disadvantage.

They get to keep Falchion, but they can't use the rapier. Not that big of a loss.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#5Orochimaru024Posted 2/12/2013 4:01:30 AM
I try to avoid mounts on the main characters; its just a weakness with 1-2 more movement. If an enemy has beast killer, rapier, bow, wind magic its bad news. Id rather keep a weakness-free MU, Chrom, and Lucina. That said, i prefer their default promotes. Great lord and grandmaster, which cover the weapon triangles nicely also.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motomu_Toriyama
#6SkaldskaparmalPosted 2/12/2013 5:02:41 AM
To be honest, the extra movement isn't as noteworthy in this as it was in past games, since you can easily pair units off in this one.
#7Orochimaru024Posted 2/12/2013 5:04:26 AM
Skaldskaparmal posted...
To be honest, the extra movement isn't as noteworthy in this as it was in past games, since you can easily pair units off in this one.

Exactly, but pass is the only exception. The skill is literally a life saver in lunatic/+
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motomu_Toriyama
#8Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/12/2013 5:07:37 AM
Paladin also gets better caps than Great Lord. Right now my Lucina in a Paladin and she's rocking the world inside out.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#9BedsheetGhostPosted 2/12/2013 5:12:27 AM
I actually think the default classes work just fine with them. I mean, you can reclass Chrom + Lucina to pick up Swordmaster skills (or Dark Flier if Lucina didn't inherit Galeforce), but other than that? Eh. I guess I like my MCs to be unique.
---
My karma ran over your dogma.
#10CincadaPosted 2/12/2013 1:31:37 PM
Actually for Chrom, The stat caps are pretty close for great Lords and Paladins, with GL getting more Str and not having the Vunerability to beastkilling items.

80 43 30 41 41 46 41 41 Paladin

80 44 30 41 42 46 41 39 Great lord

As For the Avatar Character, Grandmaster is Crazy Balanced, and all around good.

80 40 40 40 40 45 40 40 Grandmaster.

Plus with the High Str bonus and magic bonus, the skill Ignis goes Crazy in this class.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Cincada
Pawn: Serena (Current Vocation: Ranger **I think**)