So, who's on Hard Classic and dont bother restarting when a member dies ?

#1danny5329Posted 2/12/2013 9:41:32 AM
I'm already on Chapter 8 and so far i've lost Stahl , Donnel and Virion but i just kept playing.

The only time when i restart is when more than 1 party member dies. Else i'm fine with 1 party member hitting the bucket every Chapter.

Who else stays with the PermaDeath like me ?
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 2/12/2013 9:42:51 AM
The Series is designed around reseting when units die, so no.

But I would continue on if Vaike or Virion died. Mainly because they're the worst characters.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#3FujibayashiSuzuPosted 2/12/2013 9:43:02 AM
That means you've lost potentially 3 more units, I think. So you've actually lost 6...

And nah. I can't accept a level as a victory if anyone dies. Even units I never plan to use anyway.
#4qwertyman2002Posted 2/12/2013 9:53:17 AM
I let Gaius die at one point since I wasn't going to use him and I had Anna for lockpicking and healing needs.

That's about it though.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#5la_mayonesaPosted 2/12/2013 9:58:19 AM
I'm on my third playthrough now trying to play that way. The first ended when i was really unprepared for reinforcements in an early chapter and lost almost everyone. In the second one a slaughter left me with just MU, Chrom, Lon'Qu, and Libra by chapter 11. I abused the pair up system for as long as i could and the rng goddess allowed me to live until chapter 16.
---
there is no excuse to show this episode 3 times in one week - Canti
So if adult swim were a gamefacks poster it would make the same topics too many times?-Zora
#6TorajimaPosted 2/12/2013 10:02:20 AM
danny5329 posted...

Note that every time you lose a female character, you actually lose two characters, as you lose access to her child (and an entire battle map as well).

Losing men is almost as bad, as you lose potential husbands, and there is a shortage of those as the game progresses.
#7FujibayashiSuzuPosted 2/12/2013 10:04:43 AM
Torajima posted...
danny5329 posted...

Note that every time you lose a female character, you actually lose two characters, as you lose access to her child (and an entire battle map as well).

Losing men is almost as bad, as you lose potential husbands, and there is a shortage of those as the game progresses.

I think that works both ways. I don't think you have any "excess" male characters in the first gen. If you miss any/let any die, unless your character is also male, you have lost one potential child character already.
#8MadDewgPosted 2/12/2013 10:08:23 AM
Not me...even though this is a video game, I don't have the heart to leave someone behind =( No one is dieing on me damn it.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, borderlands 2, rogue galaxy, fire emblem radiant dawn, dust:
#9helldewPosted 2/12/2013 10:17:17 AM
Nope letting your characters die is stupid your just missing apart of the game. the characters have supports and marriges in this game and as people have said those marriages gives you children that give you extra maps. letting them die is stupid IMO.

only FE where i didnt care if peopled dies was shadow dragon because the sequal brings them all back to life anyways due to not beind directly linked in any form. you get gaiden chapters for having a ton of people dead promoting you to kill them(terrible i know) and the characters dont say jack all or even have supports.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#10SaylPosted 2/12/2013 10:29:07 AM
The game is designed so that you keep playing when someone dies. It is very rough for a gamer especially one in this age of hand holding to deal with death especially of characters you have time/emotional investment but that is why Marth the series paradigm is so concerned with never losing anyone. Fire emblem is supposed to be played as risk adverse as possible making any and all moves carefully with as much overwhelming force as can be brought down to keep everyone alive. They give you so many characters so that any hole created by a mistake can be filled in by another character. Gambling is a big part of Japanese culture with things like Pachinko machines being far more popular there than here and while Westerners look at RNG as unfair it could be argued that a deep understanding of the system which now has 13 iterations could lead one to appreciate the outlandishly improbable crit that kills your favorite unit. This also echoes the horror of war, another theme of every fire emblem game that despite your best efforts, someone will die. Also by allowing death you give the game a more dynamic feel for multiple play throughs as you may lose that favorite unit from the last play through and gain a new favorite unit you did not give the time of day. Games are supposed to be fun, and if you can't find the fun in permadeath simply turn it off I know plenty of gamers who do. Looking down on those who do not play the game the same way you do is bad in many ways, if some people do not play fire emblems because of permadeath than they do not become a part of the audience and thus the games do not get localized for lack of profitability. So remember for both your own interests and Nintendo do not chase away any person who get into this fire emblem because of the lack of permadeath because they are a welcomed addition to the community.