Is this anybody else's favorite Fire Emblem?

#1Dark_IxionPosted 2/12/2013 9:17:59 AM
I just finished and I have to say that this is my favorite Fire Emblem game. The music, the Spotpass and DLC characters, the Avatar creation, the music, the marriage/child system, and did I mention the music? I thought it was amazing. I should add that have only played from Fuuin No Tsurugi on. If it's not your favorite, which one is?
---
Currently waiting for: FF15, X & Y, Dragon's Dogma 2, Dark Souls 2, Smash Brothers 4.
#2DoctorPiranha3Posted 2/12/2013 9:24:55 AM
It's my least favorite. Pair-up is broken, infinite class changes and level ups, characters can get any skill. No identity. :(
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#3FluffyNimbusPosted 2/12/2013 9:26:32 AM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
It's my least favorite. Pair-up is broken, infinite class changes and level ups, characters can get any skill. No identity. :(

You're not forced to do those things y'know.

You kinda have to to keep up with Lunatic+ though...
---
The only reason people get lost in thought is because It's unfamiliar territory.
#4SupremeZeroPosted 2/12/2013 9:26:44 AM

Except, of course, the limitations on classes for everyone who isn't the Avatar or is descended from the Avatar.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#5Sain_of_CaelinPosted 2/12/2013 9:36:46 AM
I'm gonna need another 10 or so playthroughs to decide that.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
https://www.youtube.com/user/VicariousBrian/videos?view=1&flow=grid
#6White_Knight13Posted 2/12/2013 9:37:28 AM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...

This to a point. It's just above Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn for me.

I'm enjoying it. But it has no soul to me. Pair up as a whole is pretty lame, I've never been a fan of class changing in these games. Promoting yes, changing no. No way to compare characters, no average stats, no rng screwed characters, no rng blessed characters. It just seems generic to me.
#7KrentarisPosted 2/12/2013 9:47:14 AM
I would say that the allowed frequency of class changes and how OP it can make characters due to rapid XP gain and high growths is one of the only things that would drag it down for me. It certainly doesn't 'feel' like a traditional FE game does, but it's probably still my favourite so far.
---
"Perfectionism becomes desirable when it stimulates the healthy pursuit of excellence."
#8Brady672_AT_fanPosted 2/12/2013 9:48:41 AM
It's quickly on its way to my favorite. 4 still holds that spot though.
---
I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman or Spiderman or Aquaman or a wolfman or a merman. I'm not brahman or common or ramen, either.
#9MoonLightCloudPosted 2/12/2013 9:54:53 AM
It's definitely in the top 3.

The music is amazing, the levels are gorgeous, and some of the characters are just awesome.

Sure you can grind and overpower everything, but it's optional.
As for class changing, I actually like it in this game since people have limited options (and I love how the parents pass down their classes and skills).

*shrugs*
#10BufkusPosted 2/12/2013 9:58:20 AM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...

Strange, those are all reasons I enjoy this game. There is literally zero reason why those should be negative reasons for anyone unless they are masochists.

That said, Awakening is probably my second favorite FE game of all time.