Is this anybody else's favorite Fire Emblem?

#61rhys855Posted 2/13/2013 9:30:32 PM(edited)
WestbrickIII posted...
I don't think anyone would object to the claim that FE9's plot is superior to Awakening. The issue is whether or not FE9's plot is "dark."

Well it's not like Awakening's is any darker.

The darkest is Holy War

Followed by Tellius.

But, even then Fire Emblem doesn't get very dark at all.
---
Official Kisame of the NUNS3 Boards
#62DoctorPiranha3Posted 2/13/2013 9:30:24 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Looks like I win, then. How sad to see you give up so soon, but given the repeated use of fallacies in your "arguments", I can't say that I'm surprised.

You just admitted that no opinion can be any more or less justified than any other. By this logic, my opinion that I "won" is just as good as yours. Though I get the feeling you're a little too slow to understand this concept.

If lying down in the face of defeat is your idea of "winning", then by all means, you're a complete winner.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#63WestbrickIIIPosted 2/13/2013 9:38:18 PM
rhys855 posted...
Well it's not like Awakening's is any darker.

The darkest is Holy War

Followed by Tellius.

But, even then Fire Emblem doesn't get very dark at all.

I agree, and made a similar argument (that FE4/5 are the darkest in the series). But darker than Awakening =/= dark.

DoctorPiranha3 posted...
If lying down in the face of defeat is your idea of "winning", then by all means, you're a complete winner.

So no, you don't understand your own inept logic. Unsurprising.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#64DoctorPiranha3Posted 2/13/2013 9:39:34 PM
Learn to read better, thanks.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#65LuminozeroPosted 2/13/2013 9:43:18 PM
Doing my best to ignore the trolls.

I have always liked the Fire Emblem for one thing above any other SRPG. The characters. I started with 7 on the GBA, like many of us, and I fell in love with it instantly. I wasn't too good at it first, being that the TBS game I played before it was Advance Wars, a game where you could literally build more people and play 'We Have Reserves' to win. Fire Emblem was a big change from that.

Everyone had a personality, they had a backstory, they had their own little quirks that made them unique. You hated to lose a single one because it felt like you'd failed them. To a recreational writer/ RPer like myself, that was like some kind of drug.

I played the other two GBA ones, and liked them for similar reasons (Six a bit less, since the support system was less developed.)

I despised Shadow Dragon, because it went in the complete opposite way (Yes I know it was a re-release of the old games, but a bit of character polish could have been given.). Characters no longer mattered. They were a face with stats, and that was it.

And then along came Awakening.

All the characters mattered, all of them could support (Or at least worlds more then the other games) and these supports were not only beneficial, they were encouraged! Unique characters, sweet and funny romances, clever non-romantic pairings, there was just so much there to flesh out these characters.

Did you know that Kellam was a farmer? I didn't until I supported him with Donnel. Did you know Panne can rock climb? Support with Gaius.

There is just so much to find out, and the game took these relations and used them to make some very potent and powerful scenes in the game. Not only that, they added ways to make the game as easy or as hard as you desired. It is a fantastic game that Nintendo made available to as many people as possible.

Now that is a well designed game. Exactly what I expect from Nintendo.