Why taguel?

#31Segmented OdinPosted 2/12/2013 1:03:55 PM
Umuru posted...
Why not Taguels? From what I understand, Rabbit Taguels are likely just the last Laguz race that managed to survive the thousands of years leading up to Awakening.

Ravens are also hinted at, unless Henry is secretly a time traveler. With this game, I'm not going to discount the possibility of such at all.

Soanevalcke6 posted...
I dont think Laguz and Taguel/Manakete are related at all, The game might have a Few References, but they're mostly for fun.

Laguz are Humans that can Transform into beasts
Taguel/Manakete are Beasts that sealed their power into stones and took the form of humans.

I made a fairly good post about the origination of the Taguel at some point, but I'm too lazy to fish it up. The gist of it was, what if the Laguz sought to get around the curse of the branded. They didn't want to lose their powers, but as a whole after the events of Radiant Dawn many more were becoming attracted to Beorc, so they tried to circumvent it by sealing their beastial powers into stones (The Beaststones), which limited their shapeshifting but allowed them to produce offspring with Beorc, without losing the ability all together. Presumably, it also got rid of the Brand.

It fits in nicely with the Manakete origin story, and explains the existence of the Taguel.
#32Uru_ZephPosted 2/12/2013 1:58:03 PM
Yeah, I was under the impression that the Awakening game takes place in the same world/lore as Fire Emblems 1 through 3, whereas the Radiance series is its own world. Therefor, Laguz wouldn't even exist.

Are all of the Fire Emblems more related than I knew? I thought the series was kinda like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, where each entry is generally in a different continuity with certain exceptions.
#33UmuruPosted 2/12/2013 2:03:03 PM
Uru_Zeph posted...
Yeah, I was under the impression that the Awakening game takes place in the same world/lore as Fire Emblems 1 through 3, whereas the Radiance series is its own world. Therefor, Laguz wouldn't even exist.

Are all of the Fire Emblems more related than I knew? I thought the series was kinda like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, where each entry is generally in a different continuity with certain exceptions.

8 is in its own world. 6 and 7 are together and could potentially be one side of the gate while the rest of the games are on the other. 9 and 10 are hinted at being related to the first game (and thus almost every other game) as well.
#34Chandler014Posted 2/12/2013 2:04:28 PM
Rabbits suck.
Rabbids Rule.

Case closed.
#35AtmosOmegaPosted 2/12/2013 2:07:19 PM
Bufkus posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
Bufkus posted...
Bunny girls are a common fetish in Japan, so that's probably why.

I mean look at the bunny girl race in the Ivalice games.

Or Playbo- Oh wait, that's American.

What makes you think there was any american influence that went into the game design? That there exists a bunny girl fetish in America (that was more prevalent in the 70s than today) has nothing to do with the bunny girl fetish that continues to exist in Japan.

You might be surprised at the degree of cultural influence America has left on Japan (and more recently, vice-versa) right down to the most subtle little things.

Though for simplicity's sake, lets just invoke Occam's Razor, cite Japanese bunny-fetish and be done with it.
---
If you don't like what a gaming company is trying to force upon you and the market, don't buy that company's games.
Cruel DRM can only flourish if you let it.
#36Super SlashPosted 2/12/2013 2:08:56 PM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
It's quite a shame that Panne is better than every single laguz, bar Tibarn.

Tanguels>>>>>>>Laguz.

Mordecai says otherwise.
#37Uru_ZephPosted 2/12/2013 5:36:24 PM
Umuru posted...
Uru_Zeph posted...

8 is in its own world. 6 and 7 are together and could potentially be one side of the gate while the rest of the games are on the other. 9 and 10 are hinted at being related to the first game (and thus almost every other game) as well.

I see... interesting. So 1-5 are all in the same world then?

I got into the series with 7 (the first to come to America), and have played them since that game. I haven't played any before seven except the remake of the first one because I don't know any Japanese, and I don't see much point to it then. Unless there's versions that aren't only in Japanese?
#38Soanevalcke6Posted 2/12/2013 5:37:58 PM
Aveyn_Knight posted...
I dont think Laguz and Taguel/Manakete are related at all, The game might have a Few References, but they're mostly for fun.

Laguz are Humans that can Transform into beasts
Taguel/Manakete are Beasts that sealed their power into stones and took the form of humans.

Those definitions are arguable.

Besides, it's not just a "few" references. According to the characters, there are Taguel lions, wolves, ravens, hawks and herons (did they mention cats? I can't remember that one). That's way too specific to not mean anything.

Thanks for correcting me every time Im wrong, so I dont go posting about it elsewhere.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#39Iffy_JotterePosted 2/12/2013 7:37:23 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
When all of the others have used fairly predictable animals(save for maybe the herons), A rabbit shapeshifter really came out of left field, but I gotta say, I like it. Panne is cool. Bunnies aren't to be trifled with. They'll gnaw a knights jugular faster than he can say 'Nee!'.

This guy gets it! That rabbit's dynamite!
---
"The wages of sin is death... but the hours are good." ---Psycrow, Earthworm Jim cartoon
#40BhelliumPosted 2/12/2013 7:51:26 PM(edited)
Bufkus posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
Bufkus posted...
Bunny girls are a common fetish in Japan, so that's probably why.

I mean look at the bunny girl race in the Ivalice games.

Or Playbo- Oh wait, that's American.

What makes you think there was any american influence that went into the game design? That there exists a bunny girl fetish in America (that was more prevalent in the 70s than today) has nothing to do with the bunny girl fetish that continues to exist in Japan.

Are you kidding?
For one thing Playboy is not simply American. Heck I'm pretty sure their sales are better outside of America these days.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.