Counter skill is ridiculously frustrating...

#1EnulfPosted 2/12/2013 2:29:16 PM
I don't see why they had to make it so strong...It was fine in Path of Radiance when Titania had it (and few, if any, enemies), and it dealt back half the damage with a percent activation. But now, dealing back all the damage, all the time, makes me want to unequip certain skills and go back to using bronze weapons! Plus, it seems to spawn randomly on the enemy warriors.
---
What time is it?
#2SharperKnivesPosted 2/12/2013 2:29:41 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmagic
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.
#3spyke252Posted 2/12/2013 2:30:40 PM
Go with either Crit weapons + Sol or Nostanking.
#4RikiazPosted 2/12/2013 2:32:40 PM
SharperKnives posted...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmagic

Bows work as well I believe.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#5WinsagePosted 2/12/2013 2:34:49 PM
It does need a nerf for the next game. One warrior having the ability to shut down your most powerful tank is pretty ridiculous. Half damage and an activation rate would be fine I think.
#6Enulf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:34:51 PM
I'm avoiding magic purposefully, especially nosferatu. I also lack bow users. If bows work fine then I'll be going for that I guess.
---
What time is it?
#7SuperSonicDBZPosted 2/12/2013 2:36:44 PM
Use it's power to your advantage.

Roy + Bow Knight + Renewal + Counter.

Makes a powerful unit. Melee guys love to charge a guy with a bow. They pecker me for 3 - 5 damage each hit, they take the damage and I get it all back next turn with renewal.

Go Roy! Roy's our Boy!
---
If it is short and has a light saber, then you need to get the **** outta there!!!
Yoda in Soul Calibur IV; Sonic w/ Beam Sword in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
#8Enulf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:43:18 PM
Wait a minute, I recall using magic and counter worked just fine against it? I guess You meant nosferatu/aversa's night then.
---
What time is it?
#9RikiazPosted 2/12/2013 2:44:43 PM
Enulf posted...
Wait a minute, I recall using magic and counter worked just fine against it? I guess You meant nosferatu/aversa's night then.

Counter only works on adjacent units. If you hit from a space away counter won't hit you.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#10WinsagePosted 2/12/2013 2:44:58 PM
Enulf posted...

Counter will only proc if the units are adjacent, so attacking from a range is safe.