The rng in this game is crap

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. The rng in this game is crap
2 years ago#51
x_lone_x_wolf_x posted...
seriously one moment I'll critical and dodge at 90% and higher multiple times in a battle. Another battle the enemy will catch me at 30-50% EVERY GODDAMN TIME. Now I know if I flip a GODDAMN QUARTER I won't hit HEADS ten times in a row unless I'm super goddamn lucky.

Sorry just uber pissed after my chrom dying to total BS against the LAST UNIT in a long ass battle.


Random number generator is random.
Deal with it.

You'll get lucky streaks.
You'll get unlucky streaks.

You're probably one those people who think that they will keep winning at the slot machines if they happen to win once?
2 years ago#52
x_lone_x_wolf_x posted...
I know how statistics work and this game is definitely pulling strings behind the scenes somehow.


Haha, this clinches it.

Anyone who knows how statistics works wouldn't make that claim.
2 years ago#53
ctrl+f "true hit"

nothing

none of you have any idea what you're talking about

Fact is the game does have hidden RNG shenanigans. Fact also is that generally speaking it cheats in the player's favor.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
2 years ago#54
Bhellium posted...
ctrl+f "true hit"

nothing

none of you have any idea what you're talking about

Fact is the game does have hidden RNG shenanigans. Fact also is that generally speaking it cheats in the player's favor.


You don't know how to read that page do you?
How does it cheat in the player's favour?
It makes accuracy more important as it increases the chance to hit when the chance is high and it decreases the chance to hit when the chance is low.

It works both ways... That 1% critical by the boss also uses the same calculations.
2 years ago#55
I feel like we should do a Probability 101 session right here on this board.
---
We have entered an endless recursion of time.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z20/smelly_goomba/clannad19-nagisa2703.gif
2 years ago#56
While everyone is complaining about how the system works/trying to explain it, I do have a question about crits.

If the % chance to crit is higher than the actual % chance to hit, does that mean if you make contact it will automatically be a crit? Or is the % crit just the chance that said hit will be a crit?
---
This signature is lacking in beef.
2 years ago#57
Bhellium posted...
ctrl+f "true hit"

nothing

none of you have any idea what you're talking about

Fact is the game does have hidden RNG shenanigans. Fact also is that generally speaking it cheats in the player's favor.


I mentioned true hit early on, I just didn't call it true hit, 4th post actually.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
2 years ago#58
teh_kyle00 posted...
While everyone is complaining about how the system works/trying to explain it, I do have a question about crits.

If the % chance to crit is higher than the actual % chance to hit, does that mean if you make contact it will automatically be a crit? Or is the % crit just the chance that said hit will be a crit?


No; the rolls are separate.

This is the first I'm hearing about Awakening using a one-roll RNG, so if anyone could confirm, that'd be great. It's honestly an improvement if so.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
2 years ago#59
confettistorm posted...
Bhellium posted...
ctrl+f "true hit"

nothing

none of you have any idea what you're talking about

Fact is the game does have hidden RNG shenanigans. Fact also is that generally speaking it cheats in the player's favor.


You don't know how to read that page do you?
How does it cheat in the player's favour?
It makes accuracy more important as it increases the chance to hit when the chance is high and it decreases the chance to hit when the chance is low.

It works both ways... That 1% critical by the boss also uses the same calculations.


Player units almost always have superior hit and avoid. Vastly superior in later levels. True hit heavily skews the game in your favor by making your statistical advantage even larger.

jonnovision1 posted...


I mentioned true hit early on, I just didn't call it true hit, 4th post actually.


My bad.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
2 years ago#60
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but IIRC, the RNG doesn't re-roll everytime you choose an action.

For instance, let's look at the typical RNG: it says 50% chance of getting hit. You get hit, so you reset and try again. This time you don't get hit and you're happy.

In contrast, I think the RNG rolls AFTER you've taken an action. So let's say you finished attacking someone. Then the RNG generates a number. Now all the chances for success are fixed for the next action/level-up. So even if you had a 99% chance to dodge, but once the RNG value was set and you hit that 1%, all the soft resets won't change you getting hit.

So the trick then, is to have another character take an action to force the RNG to reroll again.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. The rng in this game is crap

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived