Sorry Lunatic...

#1Saint_Stahn1Posted 2/12/2013 8:48:32 PM
I kinda hate this mode now... not because it's TOO hard now. It's because to quote Wesbrick. It pretty much becomes Frederick and Kellan Super Funtime Adventures. It just... doesnt seem fun that I cant use an actual small squad or get all the kids...heck I dont even want to grind them mind you, but just for the sheer of having them you know?

Props for Lunatic for being really challenging but... I can't enjoy everything the game has to offer if I do this. It's either Super Mu, the Lunatic Knight Duo or one or more super units. everyone else? Is gonna fall behind. Not even DLC is gonna fix that (hell I dont even want to abuse it, just at least... to balance a team) and even ignoring DLC, challenge maps are... forgive me, downright IDIOTIC.(too one sided)

I hate feeling this way cause it was a super rush beating the first 4 chapters but then it became really reduntant... OH CRAP everyone cant do squat! wait... whats that!? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's SUPER Freeee--- aw screw it jokes not even good. But it's pretty much that.

Pretty much Lunatic = Dragoball Z

Frederick = Goku
MU = Gohan
Chrom = Piccolo
Lon'qu = Vegeta
Everyone else = The Cannon Fodder Squad.

How was your experience?
#2WestbrickIIIPosted 2/12/2013 8:54:51 PM
Think of it this way: if the game wasn't designed around heavy Frederick use, then Frederick could break the game the same way he does on Normal / Hard.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#3ShinononoHoukiPosted 2/12/2013 8:55:54 PM
Nah, Frederick gets his ass handed to him later on.
---
Previously Known as raging Hitomi.
3DS FC:5069-3994-5272 PSN:NanbuKaguya
#4FF_4everPosted 2/12/2013 8:57:56 PM
Terrible. No DLC and spotpass (apparently the 3DS can't connect to college wi fi). On the other hand.... I restarted over and over until I managed to feed Chrom/MU almost ALL the kills in the prologue. Went on to keep feeding them. Two man army. Then MU outpaced Chrom by virtue of skill (literally. I got asset skill and as soon as he got Ignis, it was gg enemy team. It proc'ed all the time. Throw in lifetaker/sol/astra and well....).

Anyway, lunatic is ridiculous and requires really unique strategies, luck, and one to two OP units. Then start feeding kills to everyone else and voila.... somehow it works out (still don't get it, but somehow or another I went from fed MU to 6 - 7 one man armies).
#5Saint_Stahn1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 9:00:08 PM
Ah Wes, I have nothing but respect for someone that literally sped through Lunatic. Have you considered, streaming or uploading videos of a run like that?

I can't play myself since I get tired of the Fred soloing. Maybe I could learn a thing or two by watching you, I'll definitely leave my file open for future progress but not anytime soon.
#6EricxcPosted 2/12/2013 9:07:38 PM
Frederick = King Kai
Goku = Gohan
Chrom = Vegeta
Donnel = Gohan
Everyone else = Yamcha

Fixed that for you.
---
:3
#7WestbrickIIIPosted 2/12/2013 9:17:45 PM
Saint_Stahn1 posted...
Ah Wes, I have nothing but respect for someone that literally sped through Lunatic. Have you considered, streaming or uploading videos of a run like that?

I have, but it's honestly pretty 1-2-3 when it comes to the strategy, so I'm not sure it would be any more helpful than just describing it (feed MU all the free kills -> Sorcerer -> win).

That said, the "True Lunatic" run I'm doing with all of the added restrictions is both brutal and fair, so I might buy a capture card and upload some vids.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#8FF_4everPosted 2/12/2013 9:22:47 PM
Saint_Stahn1 posted...

I can't play myself since I get tired of the Fred soloing. Maybe I could learn a thing or two by watching you, I'll definitely leave my file open for future progress but not anytime soon.

Somebody has already posted videos of the first four lunatic mode chapters.Generally, do what that person did while also feeding kills to Chrom/MU and changing things up so that Fred does not get exp. Honestly he doesn't really need the levels and you'll be much better off with a strong MU/Chrom. Pair people up. Always. Speed is your friend (at least it was for me. Prevents you from being doubled and gives you a chance to double). Get 6 fed people. Make one a healer. That's all you really need. Besides luck.

Actually for chapter 4, DON'T do what that person did. He/she (omegaevolution was the video maker) did a Fred solo. It is possible to do this and feed Chrom/MU along with other people. You can bring them along, just be really careful of unit positioning.
#9SolidSnakeACPosted 2/12/2013 9:26:18 PM
Ericxc posted...

Goku = Gohan

I see
---
Man, don't even worry. I'm working on a cure for death, so you'll be able to play MGS4 for sure.- Technics420
#10Is_CorruptedPosted 2/12/2013 9:28:43 PM
Ericxc posted...
Frederick = King Kai
Goku = Gohan
Chrom = Vegeta
Donnel = Gohan
Everyone else = Yamcha

Fixed that for you.

WHERE THE HELL IS PICCOLO?

BETRAAAAYAAAALLL
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon