So what choice did you make? (SPOILERS!)

#11LuminozeroPosted 2/13/2013 6:29:09 PM
Since MU was Chrom's wife, there was a lot of emotional impact behind the whole thing.

Luciana coming to kill you, and breaking down crying 'Mother!' when she cannot bare to kill you.

Chrom making you promise to not sacrifice yourself (Which I agreed to.) because he doesn't want to lose you.

And then at the final, critical moment, making the choice anyway. Breaking the promise for the good of everyone.

I don't need to know what happened on the other path, as far as I am concerned that was a very well played emotional set up and completion.
#12MoloMowChowPosted 2/13/2013 6:30:42 PM
WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE BOTH!?
---
PSN: Dysprosium123
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Warrior
#13Brewed_Posted 2/13/2013 6:32:08 PM
I sacrificed myself. I enjoyed the ending, but I wish Naga had never mentioned that there was a slight chance for the MU to survive. As another mentioned, that pretty much told you that you'd return at some point.

The sacrificial ending was a bit sneaky though. It really does make you think perhaps your character isn't returning... and the at the very end with the cutscene of Chrom and Lissa finding you in the field once again - I thought I had been thrown back into the past or into another timeline. Thankfully it was just me returning to the same old team, but after an unknown amount of time had passed.

Although I suppose the point of this ramble, is that if Naga hadn't mentioned the chance of survival, the sacrificial ending would have been much more heartwarming in the end when you realize you did manage to survive, and make it back to everyone at that.