What is the best skill build for Chrom/Paladin?

#11tw1g_007Posted 2/15/2013 10:48:29 AM
stage7_4 posted...
Chrom doesn't even have access to General or Swordmaster, so I don't know why everyone is suggesting swordfaire and pavaise.

Paladin is the way to go for Aegis and Defender.

Aegis is good to help Chrom's poor resistance and works well with Rightful King.

Defender is good for the Dual Strike+ and pairing up.

Nothing's really good on his Archer route (Prescience is the best, but that's not saying much).

I'd go with Aether/Rightful King/Aegis/Charm/DualStrike+ or replace Charm with Defender.

TBH on much harder difficulties Chrom simply sucks as a lead. Better to have him be support almost a 100% of the time. I'd even replace Aether with something else but his extremely limited movepool essentially leaves that move as a complete dead weight since I almost never use him as lead.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#12stage7_4Posted 2/15/2013 10:54:17 AM
Great knight may be better than Paladin, Great Lord is just fine on its own, so the only reason to reclass Chrom is for the skills.

Luna is redundant (and inferior) with Aether. Dual Guard+ is okay though, but Chrom really could use Aegis from Paladin.
---
Platinum FC: 3137 9649 8708, White FC: 1592 5194 6915
#13stage7_4Posted 2/15/2013 10:57:45 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
stage7_4 posted...
Chrom doesn't even have access to General or Swordmaster, so I don't know why everyone is suggesting swordfaire and pavaise.

Paladin is the way to go for Aegis and Defender.

Aegis is good to help Chrom's poor resistance and works well with Rightful King.

Defender is good for the Dual Strike+ and pairing up.

Nothing's really good on his Archer route (Prescience is the best, but that's not saying much).

I'd go with Aether/Rightful King/Aegis/Charm/DualStrike+ or replace Charm with Defender.

TBH on much harder difficulties Chrom simply sucks as a lead. Better to have him be support almost a 100% of the time. I'd even replace Aether with something else but his extremely limited movepool essentially leaves that move as a complete dead weight since I almost never use him as lead.

Yeah, I have no idea about Chrom on Lunatic+. I'd assume if you're not using a min/maxed child character then everyone will have a rough time.

Still, I think this is the best Chrom can be. Effectiveness in comparison to others is an entirely different argument.
---
Platinum FC: 3137 9649 8708, White FC: 1592 5194 6915
#14NidtendofreakPosted 2/15/2013 11:06:53 AM(edited)
qwertyman2002 posted...
sing_lioness posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...
Could go Great Knight and grab Luna. If he has access to Swordmaster (can't remember), Swordflaire wouldn't be bad either.

why would he need luna when he has Aether? and he doesnt get access to SM otherwise that would be to awesome for Chrom

So he has a better chance of doing something on each attack. IIRC, Aether does have priority over Luna, but Luna has a skill% chance of procing, over Aether's skill/2% chance.

That.

If you're using Aether, you might as well throw in one more combat skill, just because of that low activation rate. Only Lethality has priority over Aether, so with Chrom nothing is going to stop Aether from happening if it does occur, so having one backup skill isn't a bad idea. It's really a question of if you want Luna or Sol. That, and IIRC Great Knight line has the +Dual Block which is never a bad choice.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.