Is Vaike the best fighter in the series?

#41KingofDeceit666Posted 2/13/2013 11:00:04 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Yes, they're fighters. Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

They're not Fighters, they're Axe Fighters, which is completely unrelated to Fighter

They promote into mercs. They don't start as them. Thracia's mercenary class is also a promoted class that uses axes, making it as different from other FE games' classes of the same name as its fighers. So what's your point?

My point is that Othin and Halvan are not fighters.

They're as related to regular fighters as Thracia's mercenary is related to the standard mercenary.

Using your own logic: you're as wrong as we are? So you're just arguing to be irritating? Gotcha.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a8lyhvl
#42jonnovision1Posted 2/13/2013 11:01:59 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
look at both of those you stated they were mercenaries but they only promote to mercenaries when they are Axe "Fighters" whether you like it or not they are fighters.

If Othin and Halvan are fighters, which they aren't, then Machuya, Galzus, and Ralph would be fighters, because each of those characters are in the same class family. But, nobody considers Machuya, Galzus, or Ralph fighters, so why Othin and Halvan?

your logic is flawed, just because they promote into the same thing and have a similar name doesn't make them all the same class, and bringing up Galzus and Ralph is pointless because they're prepromotes.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#43KingofDeceit666Posted 2/13/2013 11:02:14 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
look at both of those you stated they were mercenaries but they only promote to mercenaries when they are Axe "Fighters" whether you like it or not they are fighters.

If Othin and Halvan are fighters, which they aren't, then Machuya, Galzus, and Ralph would be fighters, because each of those characters are in the same class family. But, nobody considers Machuya, Galzus, or Ralph fighters, so why Othin and Halvan?

Because axe fighters are essentially the same as the standard fighter now, whereas sword fighters are not.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a8lyhvl
#44WestbrickIIIPosted 2/13/2013 11:03:34 PM
If we're defining classes by unpromoted weapon selection, Othin is closer to a Fighter.
If we're defining classes by promoted weapon selection, Othin is closer to a Mercenary.

This is just semantics.
---
Play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#45kisame847Posted 2/13/2013 11:03:45 PM
My vaike is second only to cordelia in brokeness. Reclass to berserker gg. His lowish defense doesnt matter when hes got 70 hp and good speed, and 30+ str
---
For GODS SAKE! I don't wanna do sex with dogs!! I wanna DO dogs!!
-Xx Kazuko xX
#46Shadowman621Posted 2/13/2013 11:03:58 PM
I'd say he's easily a contender. He's got the most HP out of my team right now and he's kicking so much ass as a berserker. Boyd was also really great for me as a fighter and, if you count him as a fighter, Hector was really awesome.
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
#47LuIzalotPosted 2/13/2013 11:04:58 PM
Boyd
#48DyGenGuarPosted 2/13/2013 11:07:28 PM
FE9 Boyd was pretty damn good. I'm not sure if Vaike tops Boyd but being able to be a Berserker or Hero gives him some merit.
---
Strike with Soul and Sword
#49EscorianPosted 2/13/2013 11:08:06 PM
Does Ross Count?
#50MarthMoopaPosted 2/13/2013 11:09:33 PM(edited)
your logic is flawed, just because they promote into the same thing and have a similar name doesn't make them all the same class, and bringing up Galzus and Ralph is pointless because they're prepromotes.

Take a look at Radiant Dawn.

You have the mages and armour classes. They all start out with different weapon types, having a slightly different class name to reflect this, and all end up as the same class (Arch Sage / Marshall). This is the exact same case as Thracia's Sword/Axe Fighters. They are all in the same family. You don't consider Meg a different class than Gatrie just because she starts with swords and he starts with lances.

Separating Othin and Halvan from their own game's class family because you choose to follow class standards set in another game is absolutely ridiculous.

Because axe fighters are essentially the same as the standard fighter now, whereas sword fighters are not.

Incorrect.