Is Vaike the best fighter in the series?

#51EscorianPosted 2/13/2013 10:10:53 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
your logic is flawed, just because they promote into the same thing and have a similar name doesn't make them all the same class, and bringing up Galzus and Ralph is pointless because they're prepromotes.

Take a look at Radiant Dawn.

You have the mages and armour classes. They all start out with different weapon types, having a slightly different class name to reflect this, and all end up as the same class (Arch Sage / Marshall). This is the exact same case as Thracia's Sword/Axe Fighters. They are all in the same family. You don't consider Meg a different class than Gatrie just because she starts with swords and he starts with lances.

Separating Othin and Halvan from their own game's class family because you choose to follow class standards set in another game is absolutely ridiculous.

That is like saying Mercenary and Fighter are the same in awakening because they both promote to Hero. And if you agree with that then archers and mercenary are the same since they both promote to Bow Knight.
#52emagdnEPosted 2/13/2013 10:11:48 PM
Othin and Halvan are mercs, not fighters

pretty sure their class is called Axe Fighter before promoting to Mercenary
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#53MarthMoopaPosted 2/13/2013 10:13:34 PM
That is like saying Mercenary and Fighter are the same in awakening because they both promote to Hero. And if you agree with that then archers and mercenary are the same since they both promote to Bow Knight.

No.

pretty sure their class is called Axe Fighter before promoting to Mercenary

Any slight resemblance in name to another class family in a different game is entirely irrelevant.
#54EscorianPosted 2/13/2013 10:13:40 PM
Also Marth since I can't edit posts would like to point out that you completely contradict yourself by saying you can't judge one games class standards based on another games yet you just did with radiant dawn and that one.....
#55MarthMoopaPosted 2/13/2013 10:16:13 PM(edited)
Also Marth since I can't edit posts would like to point out that you completely contradict yourself by saying you can't judge one games class standards based on another games yet you just did with radiant dawn and that one.....

I am making an example of a similar class family scenario in another game. I am not basing Thracia's entire class family structure on Radiant Dawn's. I am merely making an example that has a similar setup where people do no separate characters from their class family simply because of starting weapon choice, or base that game's class family structure on a different game's class structure.
#56KingofDeceit666Posted 2/13/2013 10:17:13 PM
MarthMoopa posted...
Because axe fighters are essentially the same as the standard fighter now, whereas sword fighters are not.

Incorrect.

Hm, axe-only fighter that promotes into a sword and axe-using tier 2 class. Clearly nothing like a fighter.

Give it up.
---
http://tinyurl.com/a8lyhvl
#57BobTDonutPosted 2/13/2013 10:18:46 PM

Not at all, considering Awakening has two promotions for each class.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#58BobTDonutPosted 2/13/2013 10:28:17 PM
Hm, axe-only fighter that promotes into a sword and axe-using tier 2 class. Clearly nothing like a fighter.

Give it up.

But he is correct. It is nothing like a Fighter.

For one, in every game up until FE6, the term "Fighter" for a class changes drastically. In FE1 and 3, a Fighter is simply an Axe wielding class that doesn't even have a promotion. In FE2, a Fighter only wields Swords and actually gains Bows upon Promotion. In FE4, there are actually Axe Fighters, Swordfighters, and Bow Fighters, but only Axe Fighters promote into the traditional Warrior class who uses Axes and Bows. FE5 changes this up again as we've seen in this topic with Axe AND Sword Fighters who promote in Mercenary.

So for the first 5 FE games, we have completely different standards on what a "Fighter" is. Starting in FE6, we go to Fighter being a base Axe wielding class that promotes into a Warrior, which closely resembles FE4, minus having Sword and Bow Fighters. From that point on, the class "Fighter" has stayed the same.

So in a way, outside of FE4, the only true "Fighters" are from FE6 and above.
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/black-dragonflight/Arpandaday/advanced
http://i.imgur.com/lPu0J.gif
#59DoctorPiranha3Posted 2/13/2013 10:30:40 PM
Bartre.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#60IcyBlaze_XZPosted 2/13/2013 10:32:09 PM
That would be Ross.

Vaike's up there, though.

And personality wise, he takes the cake.
---
b