I just realized something *spoilers*

#1123chattyPosted 2/13/2013 11:12:55 PM
You can potentially get a lot of your units, including Chrom, killed in the arena battle with Marth aka Lucina. Wouldn't it be very counterproductive for Lucina to be killing off her father's army, even if she's just trying to "test" them or whatever her reason was?

Then again, I didn't actually get anyone killed in that fight, so maybe it works differently. I doubt it though.
#2gohobojoePosted 2/13/2013 11:18:05 PM
The arena fight itself has quite a bit of plotholes surrounding it. Best not to think too much on it.
---
"My name isn't Slick. It's Zoidberg. JOHN ****ING ZOIDBERG!" - Zoidberg, Futurama
#3evilvideogamerPosted 2/13/2013 11:20:08 PM
Plot wise I dont think people in the arena die. Im pretty sure your units still will though because otherwise you'd be playing casual for a chapter
---
swagodile for life
Black: 0432 7698 4556
#4KalanyrPosted 2/13/2013 11:20:36 PM
In Fire Emblem the AI doesn't represent the enemy trying to strategize within the context of the world. It represents a "player" like you who's trying to make you reset the game by killing one of your units, it doesn't care about anything but that.

I don't think IS put much thought into AI at all considering that Hard and Lunatic just add numeric difficulty, while Lunatic+ adds skills that wouldn't be out of place on a boss that was the only thing on the map in most SRPGs, on multiple units with insane stats.
#5Zell1226Posted 2/13/2013 11:21:41 PM
They should have done a Final Fantasy-esque thing where she'll attack everybody but Chrom. The random soldiers would be able to attack him. Kinda like how Rude won't attack Tifa in FF7.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
www.twitch.tv/zelldincht1226 - Live Streams! Almost every day! Please follow!
#6jonnovision1Posted 2/13/2013 11:27:14 PM
Zell1226 posted...
They should have done a Final Fantasy-esque thing where she'll attack everybody but Chrom. The random soldiers would be able to attack him. Kinda like how Rude won't attack Tifa in FF7.

except she still has the potential to render her friends nonexistent.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#7PaperbladePosted 2/14/2013 1:10:06 AM
Kalanyr posted...
I don't think IS put much thought into AI at all considering that Hard and Lunatic just add numeric difficulty, while Lunatic+ adds skills that wouldn't be out of place on a boss that was the only thing on the map in most SRPGs, on multiple units with insane stats.

But that's wrong
---
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest
#8motsinactionPosted 2/14/2013 1:12:12 AM
They should have done a Final Fantasy-esque thing where she'll attack everybody but Chrom.

She keeps attacking Chrom in cutscenes though...