Is there any incentive to pick Classic over Casual besides "It's an experience"?

#1thompsontalker7Posted 2/14/2013 8:27:56 PM
Only other games where I'm familiar with Permadeath is Valkyria Chronicles and FFT. Even in there, permadeath was just annoying. It wasn't so bad in VC because all your units were the same level and equipment was more important, so you could just easily replace them, and in FFT you can rescue a unit if they are KO'd.

But I mainly play my 3DS outside of my house, so I don't particularly think Classic would be ideal, unless I feel like wasting time playing, I guess.

Only thing that's annoying about casual is that your weaker units aren't gonna level up if they're constantly getting KO'd, until you partner them up with someone who is stronger. As a result, all that would be left is my stronger units. Weak get weaker, strong get stronger, etc...

So yeah, should I stick with Casual for my first playthrough on Hard?
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#2Shadowzero920Posted 2/14/2013 8:29:39 PM
Makes you treat your units with more care. In casual, you can use them as disposable damage makers compared to units you want to keep alive since you can just have them rambo in and do damage before dying and not get penalized.
---
Wow, did you even make an attempt to hide what a tremendous weeaboo you are?
Run along, kiddo. I think I hear a box of pocky calling your name.~SirAltairTheGr8
#3Orochimaru024Posted 2/14/2013 8:33:18 PM
Units arent replaceable on VC, their are characters with ideal potential line-ups.

Ive beaten Lunatic+ and id like to say that theres nothing wrong with casual, its just that it deviates away from the "classic" fire emblem experience. But if it helps you enjoy the game then i would recommend casual for you. Ignore the nostalgia-mouth-foaming-idiocy and believe in the heart of the cards.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motomu_Toriyama
#4thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:33:25 PM
Guilty >_>

I find leveling up weaker units easier that way too
---
#5thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:34:57 PM
Orochimaru024 posted...
Units arent replaceable on VC, their are characters with ideal potential line-ups.

Ive beaten Lunatic+ and id like to say that theres nothing wrong with casual, its just that it deviates away from the "classic" fire emblem experience. But if it helps you enjoy the game then i would recommend casual for you. Ignore the nostalgia-mouth-foaming-idiocy and believe in the heart of the cards.

Forgot about potentials, but weapons/equipment is definitely important, since each character pretty much levels up together.

S***, even Disgaea lets you heal your party after each battle, and that game is still f****** ridiculous at times.
---
#6HalecticPosted 2/14/2013 8:36:03 PM
Most people who play classic though reset when a unit dies.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#7Ritster21Posted 2/14/2013 9:11:00 PM
Halectic posted...

Yeah. That just defeats the purpose of Permanent Death. You might as well play on Casual.
#8Soanevalcke6Posted 2/14/2013 9:14:27 PM
Ritster21 posted...
Halectic posted...

Yeah. That just defeats the purpose of Permanent Death. You might as well play on Casual.

-facepalm- People actually think this?
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#9Orochimaru024Posted 2/14/2013 9:15:34 PM
Ritster21 posted...
Halectic posted...

Going by that logic, nintendo may as well just convert the series from this point forth to casual mode, because this has always been a common thing for everyone; even the most skilled tacticians will still lose units due to RNG rape.

I dont think so friend. We all know why we do play classic.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motomu_Toriyama
#10liltaggPosted 2/14/2013 9:16:47 PM
Makes the game more tactical since you have to worry more about unit placement and whatnot.

It's pretty much just looking for more of a challenge. If you don't want that, don't pick it.
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif