Why do people hate on luna so much?

#1imthestuntmanPosted 2/15/2013 10:20:31 AM
This ability can be a huge help against enemies with high defense stats...
#2TyrantKnightPosted 2/15/2013 10:23:41 AM(edited)
I don't really see hate. Although most enemies in this game have poor defense aside from Generals and Great Knights, so its usefulness is limited.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#3imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:24:13 AM
by hate i mean say it is pointless to use
#4meiyukiPosted 2/15/2013 10:38:12 AM
It's usefulness falls off later as your main physical units build up strength. It helps on lower strength units but even then it's mostly only useful for killing generals. On top of that forged killer weapons are already giving me greater than 50% crit rate with support and I keep some hammers and beast killers around killing armored units isn't really much of a concern, and there's always magic after that. Point is luna seems amazing early on but loses it's usefulness later.
#5LightHawKnightPosted 2/15/2013 10:39:55 AM
Rather have the room for Ignis or even Astra if there is not enough room for both.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6Wandering__HeroPosted 2/15/2013 10:40:36 AM
She tried to bring about eternal night
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#7SpiegaPosted 2/15/2013 10:41:19 AM
They nerfed it. It used to negate all defense, not half.
#8qwertyman2002Posted 2/15/2013 10:45:25 AM
meiyuki posted...
It's usefulness falls off later as your main physical units build up strength. It helps on lower strength units but even then it's mostly only useful for killing generals. On top of that forged killer weapons are already giving me greater than 50% crit rate with support and I keep some hammers and beast killers around killing armored units isn't really much of a concern, and there's always magic after that. Point is luna seems amazing early on but loses it's usefulness later.

Luna isn't a physical-only deal.

Also works for magical attacks, and there are a lot of high-Res enemies laying around.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#9meiyukiPosted 2/15/2013 10:59:58 AM
qwertyman2002 posted...

Luna isn't a physical-only deal.

Also works for magical attacks, and there are a lot of high-Res enemies laying around.

Well I know but the same deal sort of applies to them, high resist units are usually very weak to physical damage. Much like using a tome to kill a general, use a physical weapon to kill a flyer. Not to mention that my mages can already hit the high resist units hard enough to kill them with magic already. I'm on lunatic btw. It's not a terrible skill it's just generally not that useful.
#10emagdnEPosted 2/15/2013 12:11:29 PM
well, it's semi-useful for characters who don't get any other active skills since it still boosts their damage.....
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus