Gamestop sold my copy!! Lmao

#1GundamBansheeFAPosted 2/15/2013 9:54:07 AM
I was working so i forgot that it came out, gamestop sold my reserve and said they only hold for 2 days. That totally defeats the purpose of reserving in the first place. 2-3 weeks for new shipment? Thnx a lot nintendo u **** for not making enough copies.

Should've gone with amazon. Im happy gamestop will be ****ed in the ass when next gen consoles eliminate buying of used games.
#2Darklit_RequiemPosted 2/15/2013 9:55:37 AM
Congratulations for being the first example of a gamestop hate topic that actually has me siding with gamestop. This is a new one.

The point of preordering is to make sure you can get them on release date, which you didn't bother doing
---
Currently Playing - Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy, Persona 2: Innocent Sin
#3Rideps1Posted 2/15/2013 9:56:27 AM
They would have informed you when it came in and told you it is only held for 2 days so... your bad.
---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF SARDINES!
#4occupation_bobPosted 2/15/2013 9:57:37 AM
To this day I've never been informed of when a game came in. I just already knew about release dates and went in.
---
It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas.
#5iammaxhailmePosted 2/15/2013 9:59:03 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I've NEVER gotten a call or email from Gamestop telling me my orders are in.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#6Oni_KariudoPosted 2/15/2013 10:02:04 AM
Eh, I remember when I picked up my order a few days before it was released. They said they were honoring the first 8 pre-orders, and selling them early. I missed the call, but I tagged a few people in college who had it already.

I ran there the next day and picked mine up. Apparently they have a list of people who they call, and write a response for what happened. Aka, if you picked up and said you're coming to pick it up, or if there's no answer.
---
Working from 9 to 5 at McDonalds. Drawing from 5 to 8. Getting whipped by my girlfriend 24/7. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
#7RezkeshdadeshPosted 2/15/2013 10:02:04 AM
I used to preorder games all the time from gamestop, granted it's been a few years, but they always called me.
---
Guardian of Useless Facts Everywhere.
#8KantonosoPosted 2/15/2013 10:04:13 AM
Board User Level 20: New User (2)
Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation and view own posting history.
Account Created Monday, November 12, 2012 2:02 PM

I think we found someone who's undercover for Sony trying to spread anti GS propoganda to support their patent of anti-used games, trololol. I will NEVER support that goddamn BS. I like to borrow games from friends to see if I like them before buying them. I like to lend games to my sister for the same reasons. The only people who'd be pleased to do away with this are, quite frankly, people with no family or friends. And while pitiable, they're not the only people who game.

In all seriousness, GS ARE scum, but it IS your fault for not keeping track. They paid money to get that game in. Did you pay the ENTIRE thing up front? No? Then they spent money for a product they aren't profiting from. It's only business. As least they hold things FOR FREE instead of CHARGING a fee for reserving like most businesses, under the excuse "No one else can buy it if you don't come back."
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#9FreiFightPosted 2/15/2013 10:04:18 AM
I get a phone call for every reserved game I have had there telling me the day before it comes in. But yeah they will only hold the reserve for a couple days if its a game they had a small shipment on. Now if it something like CoD or GTA, you don't need to be worried about it cause they will have more than enough copies. But smaller lesser known games this can happen to. Now as for FE, that was more of a problem with Nintendo or whoever was printing the game.
---
http://images.wikia.com/starwars-exodus/images/a/a1/Kamulos2.jpg
Now Playing: FE:Awakening, Halo 4 (MP), FF 2, X-Com:EU, Pokemon Black 2, FF: theatrhythm
#10marthsheretooPosted 2/15/2013 10:08:17 AM(edited)
Kantonoso posted...
Board User Level 20: New User (2)
Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation and view own posting history.
Account Created Monday, November 12, 2012 2:02 PM

I think we found someone who's undercover for Sony trying to spread anti GS propoganda to support their patent of anti-used games, trololol. I will NEVER support that goddamn BS. I like to borrow games from friends to see if I like them before buying them. I like to lend games to my sister for the same reasons. The only people who'd be pleased to do away with this are, quite frankly, people with no family or friends. And while pitiable, they're not the only people who game.

In all seriousness, GS ARE scum, but it IS your fault for not keeping track. They paid money to get that game in. Did you pay the ENTIRE thing up front? No? Then they spent money for a product they aren't profiting from. It's only business. As least they hold things FOR FREE instead of CHARGING a fee for reserving like most businesses, under the excuse "No one else can buy it if you don't come back."

I didn't get a call from GS and I DID pay for the whole thing up front. Now, I got my game, but don't pretend it's inconceivable that people paid for the entire thing.
---
Yes, racism is justified. -The_Kid3000