Hector.

#11RougefanPosted 2/15/2013 12:32:59 PM
jonnovision1 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
despite the fact that you think Marth is "worthless" he was the first Fire Emblem main character ever, he's the ORIGINAL Fire Emblem Lord, if anyone were to get a unique model (which he didn't) it should be him.

I suppose so, and again, I was talking about Class (As in The Lodestar Class) I also already apologized to anyone who likes the character in my first post, and feel I am entitled to the opinion of disliking him. (Shadow dragon was a terrible game = / ) ((This is also my opinion =D ))

my point isn't that I like Marth, it's that he deserves a unique class far more than Hector does, who was probably the least important Lord of FE7.

Marth does have the lodestar class tho
---
For the night is dark and full of terrors.......
#12Cincada(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:33:01 PM
The One Pharaoh posted...
I miss the spectacle of the GBA game crits. The DS ones were bad, and Tellius ones were stiff. These ones are all right, if a little boring. The quips are good.

I agree with this too. Critical hit "Callout" scenes are nice, and the dialogue they say is really cool when they crit now, but the flashy animation that made Fire Emblem critical hits so fantastic is sort of lost. The oldschool swordmaster animations and crits come to mind. (ALTHOUGH! I love the execution style they use for the Assassinations, oldschool Samurai Showdown style baby.)
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Cincada
Pawn: Serena (Current Vocation: Ranger **I think**)
#13jonnovision1Posted 2/15/2013 12:36:28 PM
Rougefan posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
despite the fact that you think Marth is "worthless" he was the first Fire Emblem main character ever, he's the ORIGINAL Fire Emblem Lord, if anyone were to get a unique model (which he didn't) it should be him.

I suppose so, and again, I was talking about Class (As in The Lodestar Class) I also already apologized to anyone who likes the character in my first post, and feel I am entitled to the opinion of disliking him. (Shadow dragon was a terrible game = / ) ((This is also my opinion =D ))

my point isn't that I like Marth, it's that he deserves a unique class far more than Hector does, who was probably the least important Lord of FE7.

Marth does have the lodestar class tho

I.... know?
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#14Cincada(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:36:56 PM
jonnovision1 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

You are right, Marth is important. I'm not at all disagreeing with you on that. I am simply saying that it seems like it wouldn't have been too hard to give the other old lords access to the Lord class, or something similar. Also, The entire Hard mode (Yes, I'm aware it was really easy for a hard more) of FE7 was based around Hector's story. Hector Hard mode. He was just as important as Lyn or Eliwood.
---
#15jonnovision1Posted 2/15/2013 12:41:04 PM
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

You are right, Marth is important. I'm not at all disagreeing with you on that. I am simply saying that it seems like it wouldn't have been too hard to give the other old lords access to the Lord class, or something similar. Also, The entire Hard mode (Yes, I'm aware it was really easy for a hard more) of FE7 was based around Hector's story. Hector Hard mode. He was just as important as Lyn or Eliwood.

the first part I agree on, but I don't think a character can be considered as important when you have to beat the game once to unlock it, he's important yes, but not as important as Eliwood, and in my opinion very slightly less important than Lyn.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#16GhebPosted 2/15/2013 12:48:26 PM
Hector is way more important than Lyn in FE7. After the tutorial, Lyn is basically relegated to the same status as every other non-important character in the game. She all but disappears. Hector undeniably remains a main character throughout all of the game. He isn't as important as Eliwood, but to say he is less important than Lyn is just wrong.
---
*Is Gheb*
#17ellis123Posted 2/15/2013 12:55:17 PM
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

"The entire Hard mode"...? Every single one of the main characters had their own mode, and their own hard mode. Hector having the hardest doesn't suddenly make it the most important to the canon of the game. Eliwood's is definitely the most important, and Lyn's sets the stage for the other two. Regardless of how much you liked Hector, he was definitely less important than Eliwood and no more important than Lyn. Being able to solo levels doesn't make him more significant story-wise than the other two, nor does it make him more worthy of getting a unique class.

Truthfully, the only change I'd do to him would be to make him a Berserker. He was all but a Berserker in terms of stats and style of play, and it makes more sense to have him as one. Unless they get a unique class for *at least* the most significant main characters from all of the Fire Emblems that have made it to America then they shouldn't waste time on giving Hector his own class.
---
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.
#18Cincada(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:09:49 PM
ellis123 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...
Cincada posted...
jonnovision1 posted...

"The entire Hard mode"...? Every single one of the main characters had their own mode, and their own hard mode. Hector having the hardest doesn't suddenly make it the most important to the canon of the game. Eliwood's is definitely the most important, and Lyn's sets the stage for the other two. Regardless of how much you liked Hector, he was definitely less important than Eliwood and no more important than Lyn. Being able to solo levels doesn't make him more significant story-wise than the other two, nor does it make him more worthy of getting a unique class.

Truthfully, the only change I'd do to him would be to make him a Berserker. He was all but a Berserker in terms of stats and style of play, and it makes more sense to have him as one. Unless they get a unique class for *at least* the most significant main characters from all of the Fire Emblems that have made it to America then they shouldn't waste time on giving Hector his own class.

Sorry, not trying to argue with you fine folk, or come off as some sort of Hector Fanboy. This is going off on a tangent that I didn't want it to. The original point of the topic is that it seems like it would have been easy to give the old "Lord" type characters access to a "Lord" type class, in the way that Marth is given access to the Marth only Lodestar class. I was only using Hector as an example since I assumed most people could identify with him. (The majority of this board seems to have a good affinity for the Blazing Sword game.)

In short, Why did (ALL) the old lords get such basic treatment, and not even access to the Lord (Or similar) type of class.
---
#19BlackSonichuPosted 2/15/2013 1:25:33 PM
My theory is that they probably thought that the game wouldn't do very well in the states, since fire emblem games seem to have a problem with popularity here. So they just gave only really important characters (First fire emblem lord, first gba fire emblem lord, etc.) unique models.
Kind've a shame too, the pictures you see on the wiki of their awakening forms look really awesome. Though I haven't played too much of the dlc to know how they look.