Is Lunatic at least consistently hard?

#1srsgamer87Posted 2/15/2013 11:17:16 AM
I'm playing on Hard and the difficulty is all over the place. The first few chapters and a few of the paralogues were pretty challenging, the rest was either too easy or "normal". I dunno.

Hows Lunatic vs Hard?
#2DairunPosted 2/15/2013 11:21:39 AM(edited)
Depends on whether you grind or not.

Edit: More specifically, Lunatic is pretty hard throughout (except the first 3 chapters or so which are just insane) if you don't grind much, but most of it becomes pretty easy if you grind DLC missions or spotpass.
#3DogscratchPosted 2/15/2013 11:23:24 AM
Sans grinding Lunatic as a whole is... interesting and imo a fairly challenging style of play.

Grinding trivializes even Lunatic after chapter 4. It is a bit slow going catching your characters up in the DLC1/2 thing. Initially Freddy ROFL stomps DLC1 while you focus on a character or two to pick up sparkly tiles and kill the healer/finish off any low HP scraps from Freddy - gradually as they get more powerful they begin doing more and more killing.

Transition to DLC 2 - use the block/farm method and watch your exp start to fly.

Conversely the Gold DLC lets you start up at lvl1 pick off the lvl1 warriors/thieves/dark mages with your own lvl1 characters, build up to the lvl5/10/20/30 ones with time. They don't attack you, only retaliate.

The EXPonential growth one coming up in the next bit further trivializes the leveling process.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#4zoharemulatorPosted 2/15/2013 11:26:23 AM
The thing that bothered me the most about the difficulty of this FE is the map design. The maps were way, way too boring. Most maps are just a big open field, maybe with a few tree/forest tiles. Where are the mountains? Chokepoints? River/ocean tiles? Terrain was really a non-issue in this FE. Except for maybe the desert maps.
#5DairunPosted 2/15/2013 11:33:22 AM
zoharemulator posted...
The thing that bothered me the most about the difficulty of this FE is the map design. The maps were way, way too boring. Most maps are just a big open field, maybe with a few tree/forest tiles. Where are the mountains? Chokepoints? River/ocean tiles? Terrain was really a non-issue in this FE. Except for maybe the desert maps.

You know. I'm not really getting where this is coming from really. That design is fairly consistent with the rest of the series from FE7 onwards. Most of the stages in most of the games are pretty much open fields with some stuff scattered, maybe a river here and there, etc.

I guess the only thing really missing here is that I haven't run into any "town missions". The ones where the entire stage is the streets of a town. We always get a couple of those and those are pretty complicated, but I'm not exactly mourning their absence.
#6Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 2/15/2013 11:51:09 AM
Dairun posted...
zoharemulator posted...

You know. I'm not really getting where this is coming from really. That design is fairly consistent with the rest of the series from FE7 onwards. Most of the stages in most of the games are pretty much open fields with some stuff scattered, maybe a river here and there, etc.

I guess the only thing really missing here is that I haven't run into any "town missions". The ones where the entire stage is the streets of a town. We always get a couple of those and those are pretty complicated, but I'm not exactly mourning their absence.

There is at least one stage that is inside of a town, but I can't remember which.
---
Playing: Guild Wars 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Tales of the Abyss | youtube.com/KnightSaziel
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#7Tactician_JPosted 2/15/2013 12:07:58 PM
The town map you're thinking of is the one where you meet Say'ri. 4 "villages" (actually houses) in front of a beach.
---
Welcome to my toll booth, which I've designed to receive a special kind of currency.
Thank you for paying attention.
#8thealmightydibPosted 2/15/2013 12:16:44 PM
also the prologue is in a town... but with nowhere to visit
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U