Cordelia vs. Sumia...

#1AlmostUnsanePosted 2/15/2013 11:54:20 PM
What's the general opinion on these two, in terms of gameplay? I like Cordelia's personality much more, but Sumia seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of her regarding stats. It's a bit disappointing, with how boring she is as a character. I haven't looked into their alternate classes or anything (I just finished Ch. 7), so I'm curious how they perform in the long run.

Since the Triangle Attack is absent, I find it a bit hard to justify using two Pegasus Knights, though both of them hold their own well enough...
#2SazukeEXPosted 2/15/2013 11:55:09 PM
Cordelia is clearly the superior one and has more going for her than baking pies to get a guy's seed. Sadly the guy she wants only wants baked pies so....
---
FE:A-MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion
#3FF_4everPosted 2/15/2013 11:57:22 PM
Turn Cordelia into a Mercenary/Hero for stats. You will not be disappointed. Honestly I almost quit on her because Sumia had better stat growths... but Cordelia has more personality so I persevered. And now she's my fourth strongest character (MU, Lucina, Severa, then Cordelia). I haven't even gotten Lifetaker for her yet, and she is STILL immortal.
#4RaltriosPosted 2/16/2013 12:00:00 AM
Your Cordelia is bad? I'm only on chapter 11 and mine is a veritable GODDESS. Of course, when I was going through DLC maps to train my other characters, I reset when she got bad levels, but for the most part her growths have been fantastic.
For me it's Sumia who can hardly take a hit.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#5yamilonewolfPosted 2/16/2013 12:00:27 AM
both turn out pretty amazing and Cordelia has some awesome growths or so it seems to me, but if you choose not to use sumia make sure you make her marry someone else soon or

Chrom will likely get hitched with her.
---
Impossible is just a word people use to make them selves feel better when they give up. -Vyse Skies of Arcadia
#6AlmostUnsane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:03:41 AM
Raltrios posted...
Your Cordelia is bad? I'm only on chapter 11 and mine is a veritable GODDESS. Of course, when I was going through DLC maps to train my other characters, I reset when she got bad levels, but for the most part her growths have been fantastic.

She's not BAD, but she's worse than Sumia in every stat except HP, both at equal level right now. If I were to judge solely by Rating, Cordelia would still be the second-best of all my characters.
#7FF_4everPosted 2/16/2013 12:05:14 AM
AlmostUnsane posted...
Raltrios posted...

She's not BAD, but she's worse than Sumia in every stat except HP, both at equal level right now. If I were to judge solely by Rating, Cordelia would still be the second-best of all my characters.

End game I feel Cordelia turned out so much better. Also, Cordelia is more offensive. I feel Sumia will end up defensive skill-wise. She gets healing classes. Cordelia gets Hero, DK, Dark Flier.
#8RaltriosPosted 2/16/2013 12:07:44 AM
AlmostUnsane posted...
Raltrios posted...

She's my best unit at the moment. Well, next to Donny. After her is my MU, though he's unfortunately lacking is strong level gains.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991
#9ivanhellsingPosted 2/16/2013 12:16:41 AM
cordelia in gameplay and personality-wise she is the best
---
White FC: 4428-0185-7278
Black 2 FC : 0992-0835-6808
#10bleachedsnowPosted 2/16/2013 12:40:40 AM
My Sumia is amazing, I think she has to be my second strongest unit after Lissa. I've got her reclassed to Falcon Knight after reaching 15 on Dark Flier. Cordelia on the other hand... she can't take a hit, and her stat growths haven't been that good. I've never got more than 3 stat gains on a level up with her.