Do I need to play the previous games to get this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Do I need to play the previous games to get this?

User Info: Nidhogg151

Nidhogg151
3 years ago#1
I purchased one (or maybe even two) of the previous GBA games, and I really don't remember the story at all (I don't think I got very into them honestly). However, this game looks very interesting to me, so I'm thinking about getting it. I'm concerned I won't know any of the story outside of the vague bits I remember from the GBA games, and what I remember from SSBB. I thought I read that this takes place a long time after any of the previous games though.

So can I jump into this game knowing everything I need to know, or am I going to have to get my old GBA game(s) out and replay them?
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
3 years ago#2
no need the game is stand alone
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047

User Info: Is_Corrupted

Is_Corrupted
3 years ago#3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening?search=previous

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65380241

No.
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon

User Info: MC_STAAVY

MC_STAAVY
3 years ago#4
This series is kind of like the Final Fantasy series in the sense that they have different characters and different worlds in different games. Well, to an extent I guess. The only stand alones are 8 and this one, so this is not entirely true.
Brawl FC: 1032-0931-6818

User Info: Nidhogg151

Nidhogg151
3 years ago#5
Cool thanks. I'll pick up this game tomorrow then. It's just as well, I went and found my GBA games after typing this and I only have the regular "Fire Emblem", and it looks like something got spilled on it so I don't know if it'll even play. Which sucks cause I typically take good care of my old games (my Pokemon Yellow and Gold versions which were right next to the Fire Emblem game were in mint condition). So I probably would have been screwed if I needed to play them, unless they have them released for the E-Shop.
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576

User Info: evilvideogamer

evilvideogamer
3 years ago#6
Nah you're good. Some of the Fire emblems are linked like the gamecube one the Wii one, but this one is a totally new plot so you are good.
swagodile for life
Black: 0432 7698 4556

User Info: Dairun

Dairun
3 years ago#7
It's fair to mention you'll miss some in jokes with the DLC and a couple of characters, but it shouldn't hamper your overall enjoyment.

User Info: Rizaadon007

Rizaadon007
3 years ago#8
There are some references to Shadow Dragon and it's Japan-only sequel, but it doesn't matter cause most of it is explained in-game.
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Do I need to play the previous games to get this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived