I really hate Virion.

#1KittenLinaPosted 2/16/2013 4:35:59 PM
I've reset chapter 3 like 20 times now, because either I make a stupid mistake, or Virion dies the one turn I leave him unattended.

He's so weak, oh my gosh... Did they really have to give an archer 5 speed and 5 defense?
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#2KantonosoPosted 2/16/2013 4:37:29 PM
Virion is the archest of archers. This means he hides behind your formations and shoots, like any archiest archer among archy archers! The trick is to not LET him get hit, and he will be one of your best units.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#3SpikayaPosted 2/16/2013 4:37:34 PM
My Virion's actually pretty good (for my point in the game, anyways). Just try to always keep him ONE STEP AWAY FROM DANGER.
---
Fire Emblem: Awakening.
#4LyonDRCPosted 2/16/2013 4:37:57 PM
I think it's your own fault, don't blame Virion. Archers are supposed to be on the back-line were no character can attack them.
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/16/2013 4:41:11 PM
Make him a Wyvern Lord/Griffon Knight.

Wreck stuff.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#6marthsheretooPosted 2/16/2013 4:42:10 PM
Kantonoso posted...
Virion is the archest of archers. This means he hides behind your formations and shoots, like any archiest archer among archy archers! The trick is to not LET him get hit, and he will be one of your best units.

I'm pretty sure any unit that can attack will be your best unit if they never get hit. >_>
---
Yes, racism is justified. -The_Kid3000
#7LightHawKnightPosted 2/16/2013 4:42:21 PM
All the times I tried to use him, he never gets much str or spd, which makes me really really crappy. Though probably should reclass him, but the times I want to use him, i need an archer...
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 2/16/2013 4:42:53 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
All the times I tried to use him, he never gets much str or spd, which makes me really really crappy. Though probably should reclass him, but the times I want to use him, i need an archer...

Warrior! Vaike suits all my arching needs.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#9KittenLina(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:46:16 PM
The main problem with my Virion is that he has 5 speed.

He's an archer, ffs. And it's not like I can really level him at chapter 3.

The only reason I let him get hit was because I needed to block an archer so it wouldn't kill Sumia, and it was either him or Lissa. In retrospect, I regret my decision immensely, but I expected him to not be completely worthless since I also needed the middle guy dead or he would have hammered Frederick with his stupid 39 hp that I can't take off in one turn because all my units do like 5-6 damage, and the archers would have finished Frederick off.

It's just silly that I can't count on one unit for one thing on Lunatic mode, because the damage my freshly gotten units is so bad they die before I can even do anything other than attack archers.

...That hammer guy has way too much hp.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#10LightHawKnightPosted 2/16/2013 4:47:20 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Warrior! Vaike suits all my arching needs.

Early game has no use for warrior vaike.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."