Rift Doors.

#1LightHawKnightPosted 2/17/2013 2:13:58 AM
So anyone know what they summon is set the moment you get it? From what I have seen, been trying to get a second seal early on before I can get to paralogue 10 to buy them, and I have been reseting and running all over the place to see if I can buy a second seal.

This is what I have noticed, the items are randomized each time, and they are not what serenes put up for when a merchant spawns on that spot and sell extra stuff from their ranomized selection. Well at least one item is off. Checked each area I could go to twice and could never once find a second seal using the two rift doors I had.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#2BoefghutPosted 2/17/2013 6:25:53 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure the game uses some kind of seeded RNG that gets saved when you save the game. If you use a Rift Door, you'll find that no matter where you use it you'll get about the same things. Like varying weapons depending on where you are, and sometimes an item that shows up no matter where you go. Usually a stat boosting item or a Seal.

In order to 'change' what you're getting, I find that after getting into a battle that what the rift door summons is different then before. Like instead of a talisman, it'll have a hammer or a speedwing. So my advice is to beat Florina up and try using it again.
#3thealmightydibPosted 2/17/2013 7:19:27 AM
idk what chapter you were on but serenes works for me, remember it randomly selects three items from the chapter's possible item list

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/shop_guest.html
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
#4LightHawKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 11:39:51 AM
thealmightydib posted...
idk what chapter you were on but serenes works for me, remember it randomly selects three items from the chapter's possible item list

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/shop_guest.html

I already said that it doesn't follow that list. Read! I have had wyrmslayers appear where they aren't supposed to.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."