Marriage Advice?

#1KantonosoPosted 2/17/2013 2:58:07 AM(edited)
I'm on a second playthrough, but I largely ignored relationships to an extent on my main file, preferring to just keep a select few people paired up at all times except when grinding family supports (Example: MU married Lissa, so I got Morgan and Owain to A with the whole family.) Due to many levels restricting character numbers to very low amounts, I actually started leaving people behind so they wouldn't die, and just focusing on 6-10 (aka 5 paired up)

What this means is... I honestly don't know some of their strengths and weaknesses that well! I did do a little research on skill passing (Gaius and Sully, Donnel and Nowi) but for the most part I am a little in the dark.

Any advice is appreciated.

Current S ranked couples:
Chrom x MU
Lon'qu x Lissa
Ricken x Maribelle
Frederick x Panne ("First a bunny, then the world!")
Donnel x Nowi
Gaius x Sully

Couples in Progress:

Gregor x Cordelia
Sumia x Henry (Her only option left. Don't have Henry yet.)
Virion x Cherche MAYBE? (Have yet to do Ch12)

Remaining People I can't decide on

Stahl
Virion
Kellam
Vaike
Libra

Olivia
Tharja
Miriel
Cherche
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#2Lynx12Posted 2/17/2013 2:49:31 AM
Did you ever recruit gaius? I don't see him on your list.
---
Indeed.
#3jimmyjones69Posted 2/17/2013 2:50:20 AM
When deciding on who to marry there are three things to consider.

1) What possible class options will the child have.
2) Do the parents I have lined up provide good stat boosts to the child
3) Are there any good gender exclusive skills such as Galeforce that must be passed to the child.

By looking at your list it seems you have some good pair ups. Maximizing Galeforce is a good option and generally is the place to start when pairing up.

Chrom and MU: This seems to be the option most take when playing with the female avatar. It allows both Morgan and Lucina to have amazing skills such as Aether, Ignis, and Rightful King. They also will have 95% of the class options available to them both. Did you ensure that your avatar became a Dark Flier to learn Galeforce so that Morgan(M) will inherit it?

Lon'qu and Lissa: Nothing too outta the ordinary. The stats that Lon'qu will provide to Owain aren't too shabby either. The -1 Str stings a bit but the +3 Skl and +4 Spd are pretty solid. Lissa also has the burden of having to learn Galeforce to pass it to Owain.

Ricken and Maribelle: Yet again another unit who must learn Galeforce to pass it to their child. With this pair up I imagine Brady will be suited as a magic user. Ricken provides excellent stats for this. Sadly Ricken doesn't pass too many classes down so you'll have to make Brady either a Dark Knight or Sage (both inherited by Maribelle). One of the issues Brady might have is which skills he will want. There aren't a whole lot of good options for him sadly.

Frederick and Panne: You won't have to worry about Galeforce here. Frederick passes some strong stats for a physically oriented Yarne. Both parents provide decent class options as well. A good pair up.

Donnel and Nowi: As you stated in your post, you did your research. This will allow Nowi's daughter Nah to learn Galeforce. Donnel has the unfortunate problem of providing somewhat bad stats to his children. However since he helps a mother's child learn Galeforce it can be ignored.

Gregor and Cordeila: Fantastic stat inheritance for Severa. She will make one heck of a physical attacker. Gregor also passes some good classes and Severa can learn Galeforce on her own. She will be a force to be reckoned with.

Sumia and Henry: Ah yes the girl who can only marry one of five guys (four if you have a female avatar.) This is the only logical marriage option at this point. Chrom is taken, Freddy is taken, Gaius is needed to pass Galeforce to either Tharja's or Sully's daughter, so you're stuck with Henry. Let's look how good/bad it will be. Henry provides amazing skill, speed and a little magic. However he does not provide any strength. Cynthia will have to be a magic user. That's alright tho.

Virion and Cherche: This too is a decent pair up if Gerome will be a physical damage dealer. The only issues here are few skill options and not a whole lot of class choices. Still it's not too shabby of a pair.

As for the rest of your pair ups just consider the three things I listed above to help you decide on good options for marriages. Sorry for the long post. I hope this helps.
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#4Kantonoso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:03:29 AM
Just edited the post. Forgot Gaius and Sully. My bad.

As it so stands, I JUST finished grinding Galeforce for MU (Chapter 12, wanted a little leeway.) Not looking forward to grinding it on Maribelle and Lissa, though. They can't get armsthrift so I need a new tactic besides "Spotpass Seth, Hide on a mountain, Infinite Celica Gale." But yeah.

I was mostly worried since I heard about some absolutely phenomenal combos that give bonuses like 7 Strength or 7 Defense and I was worried I was making bad choices. What I have is pretty solid?
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#5jimmyjones69Posted 2/17/2013 3:24:10 AM(edited)
IMO what you have will work fine. I know it's gonna be a pain to level up Lissa and Maribelle to obtain Galeforce. If you have access to the gold farming DLC then you could play that a few times for additional funds then use that to buy weapons when grinding Spotpass teams. It's very daunting as you'll only be gaining 8 exp per kill but it's the fastest method I can think of. On the bright side at least all your work won't be wasted. You'll make powerful children by investing the extra time. Good-luck with your team :).
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4900-1573-3223
#6random_noobiePosted 2/17/2013 3:36:56 AM(edited)
Kantonoso posted...
Remaining People I can't decide on

Stahl
Virion
Kellam
Vaike
Libra

Olivia
Tharja
Miriel
Cherche

i'd say:

virion x cherche: its impossible to get galeforce, so, good pairing.

tharja x libra: best choice left for a magic-using noire. none of the other husbands provide galeforce. gaius and donnel are the only ones that provide galeforce for noire.

miriel x vaike: honestly, i don't like miriel that much. people like to pair her with vaike, though.

olivia x kellam: he passes down the most classes and similar stats as stahl.

EDIT: for fast dark flier training, go to CoY2 (champions of yore 2) and put the dark flier on the right-most map spot on the left. fly them and part them right above marth. end turn. if you do enough damage, you'll get 9/10 enemies to attack you. pair with the MU for more experience.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays