Worst class in the game in your opinion?

#1JapantiesPosted 2/17/2013 12:20:13 PM
Other than Villager.

I'd have to say either Bow Knight or Sniper. Neither really does anything better than any other c lass, and neither has any really redeeming skills.
---
Because normal panties just aren't good enough
#2Flamingace18Posted 2/17/2013 12:20:38 PM
Griffon Knight.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999.
#3Is_CorruptedPosted 2/17/2013 12:21:12 PM
Toilet knights.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
#4Sain_of_CaelinPosted 2/17/2013 12:21:27 PM
Archer
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
https://www.youtube.com/user/VicariousBrian/videos?view=1&flow=grid
#5Japanties(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:22:42 PM
Griffon Knight.

I really like equipping Generals with Deliverer. Movement is so key in this game that I feel like Griffon Rider is worth it for that skill alone.
---
#6danny5329Posted 2/17/2013 12:29:08 PM
Archer

WTB 1 range bow like those 2 ranges sword and axes
#7KantonosoPosted 2/17/2013 12:32:53 PM
I know I'll take a LOT of flak for this, but... Myrmidons/Swordmasters.

I know how to make them good in Awakening. My avatar is currently a swordmaster closing in on Swordfaire, actually. I'm looking at the base Myrm-Master tree without abusing reclasses. Because every class is pretty damn even once you have all the skills and just about equal outside of weapon choice. So don't get all pissy!

- Mediocre attack? Check.

- Low Defense? Check.

-High speed that won't save you because we all know that an enemy's 20-50% hit and 1-10% crit means you are taking that goddamn critical no matter what and screw the laws of probability up the rear and even up the intestines? Check.

(Not even joking on that one. I cannot permit the enemy to attack if they have even a 1% crit because they WILL crit EVERY TIME without fail. It has always been that way ever since my first FE game. I've even been crit on a 0% hit/ 1% crit in RD, which people say is impossible, but I have 7 witnesses and 5 friends who had it happen to them.)

The three above are pretty much the destruction of the Myrmidon and Thief classes. Speed is not a god stat unless you can get the opponent to 0% hit (and by that point, a General of the same level would have been taking 0 damage from that same enemy for awhile) and they don't have the defense/HP to back up the hits they WILL take due to their attack being too low to warrant such squishiness. And to make matters worse, their offense isn't even worth it until Astra, which has a low proc chance anyways.

Still, they're soooo popular. Guy in FE7? Terrible unit, downright unusable, yet people still sing his praises and line up to give him head because he's a goddamn myrmidon and screw the logic people are obsessed with flashy sword moves and swordswordswordswordsword - NO! Screw the myrmidons and swordmasters! They really ARE the worst units in FE in every game after 6!
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#8Japanties(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:39:19 PM
Rant

Swordmaster tree has been really great up until recently. They used to have an innate 30% crit chance. They got nerfed in the GBA FE games so that they only have a 15% crit chance, but those games also disadvantaged enemy units with low hit chance anyway. Awakening completely removed their innate crits, but Astra and Swordfaire are still fantastic skills.

It really just sounds to me like you have bad experience with RNG and as a result you're afraid to use dodge machine units.
---
#9Sain_of_CaelinPosted 2/17/2013 12:42:20 PM
Myrms/SMs are not worse than archers. Being mono swords sucks and all, but with no constitution check you can use better swords to make up for low attack. And they can counter attack, archers can't.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
https://www.youtube.com/user/VicariousBrian/videos?view=1&flow=grid
#10TyrantKnightPosted 2/17/2013 12:44:04 PM
Swordmaster because they got neutered. I think once you get the skills (mainly Swordfaire) Assassin is better. Snipers are also kinda eh, but they do get exclusive access to Longbows... so they are still useful.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN