No elemental triangle?

#1ZefiruShrikePosted 2/17/2013 12:07:55 PM
Just noticed that I'm not getting any advantages (at least reported ones) for using magic against magic. Does FE:A not have the elemental triangle? If so, what exactly is the point of the different elemental magics?
---
...Claude banging buttons like an ass is THE BIGGEST SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH in the entire 400 year span between SO2 and SO3.--Kaiyan Wang
#2JapantiesPosted 2/17/2013 12:09:14 PM
Light magic is completely gone from the game, and only one class can use dark magic.

Lightning = high damage, low hit rate
Wind = low damage, high hit rate, super effective against flyers
Fire = middle of the road
---
Because normal panties just aren't good enough
#3SupremeZeroPosted 2/17/2013 12:09:28 PM
They have different damage to hit ratios. Wind has high hit, thunder has high damage, fire is inbetween.
---
There's always hope for better things in life. But you can't let anything, friend, lover, God himself, be your hope. You have to be your own hope.
#4tadpinoyPosted 2/17/2013 1:36:10 PM
One of the very few things I didn't like about the game. Didn't really notice a big difference until Lunatic, as magic always hit/killed whatever I was fighting.
#5KantonosoPosted 2/17/2013 1:38:18 PM
Also, thunder has a higher crit, and usually hits anyways, which pretty much makes wind and fire pretty bad by comparison outside of special tomes like Wilderwind, Celica's Gale, Micaiah's Pyre, and Valflame... just to name a few. Point being, standard thunder magic always beats the other two (Arcwind = Elthunder, no joke)
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Mass Effect 3 Adept/Sentinel/Engineer
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening. Tactician: Ranylyn
#6FoxFluffPosted 2/17/2013 1:52:22 PM
Kantonoso posted...
Also, thunder has a higher crit, and usually hits anyways, which pretty much makes wind and fire pretty bad by comparison outside of special tomes like Wilderwind, Celica's Gale, Micaiah's Pyre, and Valflame... just to name a few. Point being, standard thunder magic always beats the other two (Arcwind = Elthunder, no joke)

That's true once you've gotten past the early points in the game, depending on the mode you play at least. Thunder with Miriel and RIcken early is very inaccurate at first. Also if you have low magic, don't even bother with Wind on fliers. In some cases it does the same damage as Thunder without the crit chance. Of course, if you have your units supporting each other that also takes care of hit issues..

Dark Magic with the Dark Mage/Sorcerer skills is probably the best, in my opinion. It has high power and low accuracy with the -avo/+hit skills making it sort of moot. Ruin and Nosferatu more than make up for the lack of crit too.

I do miss light magic and the Bishop class, but at least we have dark magic that's worth using again!
---
boop
#7KalanyrPosted 2/17/2013 6:02:09 PM
I found fire magic completely use due to the lack of triangle.

Take Wind for flyers , take Thunder for everything else. Win.