Haven't played a Fire Emblem in a long time, quick question about seals

#1IrishSpectre_N7Posted 2/17/2013 9:59:03 PM
Is it still best to wait until a character's class is maxed out before using a master seal? How about second seals. Basically, I just got my first ones and I want to know if I should use them or wait.
---
PC Gaming
#2SmugglinMooglesPosted 2/17/2013 10:00:27 PM
Always wait until 20 to promote.

Reclassing may as well be done at 10 unless you're getting specific skills.
---
My arms hang like wet ropes.
#3kissmahbuttPosted 2/17/2013 10:01:31 PM
For a base class, you can reclass out using second/master whenever you want to. The difference is that you gain more experience in your base class than you would in your promoted class, meaning it's easier to gain stats.

For a promoted class, I would reclass after getting to level 15, as that is when you learn that class's specific ability. You can reclass at 20 if you feel like it, it won't make much of a difference.
#4superkidd91Posted 2/17/2013 10:05:03 PM
I struggled with that too. Dont give them the master seal too soon or they'll have trouble earning xp. That's how I ruined Lissa.

I'd say just to straight to 20 unless you really hate someone's current class or you're getting stomped and need a sudden stat boost.

If youre saaay a cavalier:

Cavalier lv11 -> Second Seal -> Knight lv1

The knight would then earn xp really fast, as a level 1 does. However if;

Calalier lv11 -> Master Seal -> Paladin lv1

The paladin will slaughter everything (for now) and gain very little xp (as a level 21 does)
---
"Wow, you really are a super kid!"
--randoms
#5Doom-MoosePosted 2/17/2013 10:06:36 PM
IrishSpectre_N7 posted...
Is it still best to wait until a character's class is maxed out before using a master seal? How about second seals. Basically, I just got my first ones and I want to know if I should use them or wait.

In any other fire emblem game, yes.
In awakening, because of second seals, you don't need to worry much about growths. Just reclass/promote when you get both class skills, and keep doing that until you have all the skills you want. Then reclass to whatever you like best.
Whether or not you should use them depends; for example, on, say, Donnel, you want him out of villager ASAP because the class all around sucks, and with Lissa you want to reclass to pegasus knight so that you can get to dark flier and grab galeforce. On the other hand, with chrom, you probably want to go straight to great lord for Aether and Rightful King and go to great knight then paladin, or vice-versa depending on where you want to end.
#6IrishSpectre_N7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 10:07:33 PM
Alright. So freely adjust the base classes as I see fit, but wait until level 20 to actually promote. Thanks!
---
PC Gaming