I've been having serious second thoughts about Awakening. *minor spoilers*

#111TiamatKillerPosted 2/18/2013 12:54:56 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
Torajima posted...
And so it begins.

Now that Awakening is popular, it must suck right?

Alternatively, playing through a game nearly a dozen times helps you begin to realize its more serious faults. But if you want to chalk this up to me being a hipster despite throwing together a two-post criticism, by all means.

Literally everything in the world can be broken down into that sentence. It's a fact of life.

I don't know why you would be surprised at this, and I definitely don't know why you would now make it a knock against the game.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#112ArreiPosted 2/18/2013 12:57:21 PM
All I really want to say after all that is I just hope West looks through this thread and reevaluates his reevaluation, to see all the strengths and flaws in one picture without being affected by major burnout.

The last thing we need is another Endgame.
#113azn_boy150Posted 2/18/2013 12:58:48 PM
Arrei posted...
All I really want to say after all that is I just hope West looks through this thread and reevaluates his reevaluation, to see all the strengths and flaws in one picture without being affected by major burnout.

The last thing we need is another Endgame.

Just because he'll have negative unpopular opinions, doesn't mean he's gonna be an annoying broken record.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
#114ArreiPosted 2/18/2013 1:02:07 PM
You'd be surprised at how easy it is to slip into that behavior while scarcely realizing it.

But I was referring not to broken record tendencies, but to using arguments sorely lacking in justification as the main source of ammunition. Everyone can agree every game has pros and cons, but it's pretty clear he's now thinking this way because of MASSIVE burnout.
#115AceAwesome96Posted 2/18/2013 1:03:15 PM
You make good points here Westbrick, however, every game I've played gets worse and worse the more I play. Not because it's bad necessarily, but because it's just not the same game I just bought at the store anymore. I've just played the game way too much and way too long.
With that in mind, I agree to your first posts (to a point, of course).
---
I am AceAwesome. I am the creator and leader of the Ace Mercenaries clan. But, you can call me "Ace" if you like.
#116azn_boy150Posted 2/18/2013 1:05:02 PM
Arrei posted...
You'd be surprised at how easy it is to slip into that behavior while scarcely realizing it.

But I was referring not to broken record tendencies, but to using arguments sorely lacking in justification as the main source of ammunition. Everyone can agree every game has pros and cons, but it's pretty clear he's now thinking this way because of MASSIVE burnout.

I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH! But seriously though, if he's gonna go through the trouble of writing all of this, I doubt he'll just make defenseless arguments.
---
I'm my own best friend and worst enemy. Often at the same time.
#117kenshin10418Posted 2/18/2013 1:06:15 PM
rhys855 posted...
The only thing i'll comment is on 1. Supports and 2. balance

Support's in this game are on par with FE7.

I really don't get were you are trying to get at? why do you hate the supports because character wed after making each other pies or having some other silly little conversation.

But it's ok for Lyn and Hector to wed when most of their support they are just sparing with one another?

Balance.yes, Nosferatu and DLC are broken deal with it. We are going to pay good money for a chapter we can only do once i knew this from the start.

And for character being broken for the love of god we are going to have broken character's in any fire emblem so this isn't much of a point.

As of every other point or should i say complaint you wrote Your just being butthurt. I for one love Awakening's maps.

There you are wrong, You can play the DLC as many times as you wish. It is a great way to grind.
---
PSN: CBT_Samurai
Gamertag: Ikromus
#118PK_GamingPosted 2/18/2013 1:09:50 PM
emagdnE posted...
I just can't believe it's taken me so long to come to terms with all this.

better late than never

welcome to the right side, enjoy fighting the legions of fanboys

The difference is you're a tsundere towards this game.

you hated it from the get-go, but stick with it until now. Face it bro, you're running hot & cold for this game.

I think Westbrick is legitimately at odds with this game after his epiphany, which is a shame. I enjoyed reading his passionate posts about this game and Lunatic thread.
---
I know the Keyblade didn't choose me, and I don't care.
I'm proud to be a small part of something bigger-- the people it did choose.
#119MSAddictPosted 2/18/2013 1:13:41 PM
It has some very serious flaws, but it's still a pretty fun game.

It's not revolutionary, but it's fun.
---
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
#120ARsignal11Posted 2/18/2013 1:15:07 PM
I personally like the story. Of course, I'm only on chapter 16 or 17, but so far, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The only other Fire Emblem I played was Path of Radiance and I also enjoyed that story too.

Some people will hate it, some people will love it.